• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wednesday Morning Pitcher

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Just for shoot & giggles would you have let Otero pitch the 9th or brought in Higgins to close out the game. Of course if we would have won, this discussion would not be happening, what are the opinions of you baseball junkies out there.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

it just depends...it was a very important game in front of a huge crowd.  I think I would have brought in my regular set-up guys and the higgins in the 9th.  

Of course I am not the baseball coach and we are 9-2 so I trust his judgement.

I knew it would not take long for someone to throw a statement like that in there, nobody is questioning his judgement or him as a coach or any other ridiculous things that one would try and pull from this post, it is just simply to get your opinion and what you would do.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I knew it would not take long for someone to throw a statement like that in there, nobody is questioning his judgement or him as a coach or any other ridiculous things that one would try and pull from this post, it is just simply to get your opinion and what you would do.  

So, your post was a setup to start controversy?

Baseball is far different than football, even basketball.  There are a lot of games and a lot of funny bounces.  It's much better to look at games in sets of 10 at a time to see how things are going.  One game doesn't mean much.

To answer your original question, I would have stuck with normal guys.  Especially this early in the season.  But Prado is still learning the players, and may have been trying to find out something.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  158

I would just like to note that pitching decisions such as rotation, substitution, and pitch calling are the primary responsibility of Coach Collazo, not Prado.

Was not to start controversy at all, gee whiz it was simply to have a conversation about basbeball.  Doesnt monday morning quarterback segments take place every monday after Sunday's football games, to analyze and discuss games, thats all that this post is intended for.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Big game, big opportunity if we win so you bring in the guy that's been in a zone.  Ask any pitching coach who they'd bring in for a game 7.  With that being said sometimes baseball coaches have tendencies to overthink things, and like Data says it's all about the bounces, and cuts...you could be having a great day and you go against a pitcher or batter that's in a freakin zone...that's baseball.  You definitely have to weigh this staff on a 10-15 game clip, and the moves, the ability to manufacture runs (something we shied from last year), solid pitching in clutch times.  They're looking pretty good as a staff so you can never question a coach for one wrong move in baseball, because it could be a great move but it's going up against a no-win situation-- guy in a zone, a bad hop.

Guest AstroBull

If I send my ace in the 8th and he pitches well, I am sending him back in for the 9th.  Bit us in the ass last night, but we will be fine.  So I'm guessing that Otero will be pitching Saturday this weekend?

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Gutsy move pitching to LaPorta with 1st base open and 1 out.  I didn't agree with it at the time, but it appeared to be sort of a statement move......our ace up against their stud hitter.  If he strikes him out, and it appeared that he had him guessing after the first two pitches, then we are in the driver's seat mentally and probably go on to win the game.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

That had nothing to do with your post I was just saying that with what he and the other coaches have done so far I am not questioning his judgement.

I am sorry if it inferred you were b/c I don't think you are.