• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Baseball Earns Ninth Win Of The Season

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Courtesy USF SID Office

USF Baseball Earns Ninth Win Of The Season In 13-1 Victory Over Manhattan

TAMPA, Fla. (Feb. 25, 2007) – The University of South Florida baseball team (9-1) scored six runs in the bottom of the eighth to beat Manhattan College 13-1 Sunday afternoon at Red McEwen Field in Tampa.  

Junior right handed pitcher Chris Delaney got his second win in as many starts this season, striking out four of his first nine batters, on his way to seven total strikeouts.  

Junior first baseman Brandin Daniel was 4-for-4 at the plate with three RBI and one run scored while junior second baseman Dexter Butler had one RBI and two runs scored from four hits in five at-bats.

The Bulls tallied their first run of the game in the second inning as Daniel bunted for a single, advanced to second on a Jasper throwing error and wound up at third after a balk. Junior center fielder Joey Angelberger grounded out to third, scoring Daniel, who earned the Bulls’ 73rd run of the season.  

In the third, USF notched two more runs off of four hits, including base hits from Daniel, Butler and junior shortstop Walter Diaz, and a double off the bat of sophomore third baseman Addison Maruszak.  

The Bulls produced back-to-back two-run innings as sophomore catcher Braulio Pardo and Diaz each singled in the fourth. After his base hit, Pardo stole second and scored on Diaz’s single to left field. During Butler’s fourth inning at-bat, Diaz stole home for his second time this season. The first time Diaz took the dish was Feb. 10 against High Point University.

Daniel registered his third hit of the game in the bottom of the fifth, a two-bagger, for his third double of the season.  

Manhattan scored one run off of two hits in the top of the sixth, but the Bulls answered with seven runs over the next two innings to put the game away.  

In the seventh, Maruszak singled to left field then stole second to move into scoring position. Daniel then singled through the right side to score Maruszak, his third RBI of the game.  

USF scored six runs in the eighth as Butler and junior Josh LeRoy each collected doubles while senior outfielder Ty Taborelli notched a base hit. Diaz and junior Mike Consolmagno each drew walks and freshman Ryan Soares and senior Nick Cardieri were each hit by pitches in the inning.

Diaz ended the game 3-for-4 with one RBI and two runs scored as LeRoy was also 3-for-4 with one RBI.  

USF next hosts the University of Florida on Tuesday, Feb. 27 at Red McEwen Field. The first pitch is scheduled for 7 p.m.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

80+ runs in 10 games? Maybe they score more in college ball and I'm not used to it...but, D@mn!!!

Something to tide me over until September

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

What a great start for this team.

Wish I was in Tampa for the UF series.  I hope they get a huge turnout.  

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

BULLS vs GATORS

[smiley=GoBulls.gif]can't wait [smiley=GoBulls.gif]

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

BULLS vs GATORS

[smiley=GoBulls.gif]can't wait [smiley=GoBulls.gif]

Is that gonna be on catch 47 or sun sports?

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

What a great start for this team.

Wish I was in Tampa for the UF series.  I hope they get a huge turnout.  

Not so much a series, as they only play once this season.