• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Picks USF in upset of Auburn

Guest AstroBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

Love the publicity . . .

and Auburn will not be thinking about this article in September ... neither will USF.

Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Although it is nice to see USF getting recognition in the media, the focus has to be on improving our game.  JL will not let any of this hoop-la get in the way.  His focus always seems to be "one game at a time".  That is the way it should be.  Elon may be considered a warm up game for USF, but it is just as important to win that tame as it is to win at Auburn.

Auburn is an important game insofar as getting ranking recognition, but more important is how we play our own conference games.  Isn't our goal for 2007 to win the BE?

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

In the same article it mentions that West Virginia will be unbeaten.  So, while it picks us to win at Auburn, it also picks us to lose at home to WVU...........

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

We are never picked to win the big game (OU, Ark, USC, etc) and we still lost them all, and were blown out a few times.

So what is wrong with being picked to win.  It is progress, especially considering Auburn is a perennial top 10 team.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

if USF is picked to win than is it really an upset?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

USF is picked to win by this single sportswriter, and i havent seen any other writer anywhere predicting a W for us....the determination of a game being an upset or not an upset is set one place and one place only...VEGAS...the land of all the beautiful babies.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

USF is picked to win by this single sportswriter, and i havent seen any other writer anywhere predicting a W for us....the determination of a game being an upset or not an upset is set one place and one place only...VEGAS...the land of all the beautiful babies.

I understand that I meant by this guy...if he picks us to win that it isnt an upset to him, right

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

This is the game I most look forward to next year. Why, you ask?

I'll tell you why...My wife (also a student at USF) is from Alabama. Her dad is a huge Auburn fan and so are all my in laws. She was raised a tiger but I had no choice but to convert her, though I still believe that she'll secretly be rooting for those guys.

I don't care that my fall semester is going to be crazy hard, I'm going to this game. I am going to give up sky box seats so I can sit with a bunch of people that I don't know, that are wearing green and gold. This is bragging rights for the rest of my life if we win this game.

Auburn and fans are well aware of the rise of USF footBULL. BUT, they are the SEC and have that heinous elitist attitude where they WILL look past us, no matter what. Tubs may tell his player that they cannot look past us but they will. But, they are good enough to be able to look past a team and still beat them. Luckily, my bulls are giant slayers.

Here's to an upset, my first away game, and life time bragging rights!!!

Edit: typo

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235

Here's to an upset, my first away game, and life time bragging rights!!!

Edit: typo

SeaBull, the Auburn game and at Rutgers should both be great road games to go to.  It would be much better to sit with the Bulls than in a skybox.  I like the lifetime bragging rights.  Of course if we lose then they'll have bragging rights on you for only a few years until we can win the Big East and a BCS bowl.