• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If no CRM...then who???????????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

This talk about Speraw makes me feel ill.  

I think there is great debate on here about who should be at the helm of USF Basketball.  Not next year necessarily, but whether it's next year or in 2008, 2012, or 3000 the same argument applies.  If we can not muster the resources to do it right, I am not so anxious to try to find a diamond in the rough.  That's a vicious cycle.  Should we find the diamond (finally) how to we pay him, how do we keep him?  Everyone knows Sethie-poo was hoping to find success here at USF to launch him into the BE or a top hoops program.  If we can't find the diamond, how often to we "re-build."  I support the more pragmatic approach.  And that is what I like about Mr. Woolard.  [highlight]I think we will mix some sense and rationale into the equation and do it in the right way - something that is good for USF in the long term.  That may include the current head coach and it may not.  [/highlight]

We've proven time and again, that we won't over-extend or jeopardize our programs to make a media splash and enjoy temporary success.  We will build it the right way with the current administration.

I think that does include the current coach.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Todd Lickliter is out of our current league, he will probably get a look from South Carolina, LSU, Penn State, New Mexico, Baylor, Dayton and any other job that might open from bigger budget schools (at least relative to USF), he's gonna be the hottest guy from the mid majors. That being said he's a Butler alum, I wouldn't be shocked if he stays (with a raise of course)

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Selmon was the one who tried to get Grant.

quote]

You always have a shot at something if you try. You'll never have success if you don't.

No doubt, you make a run at Grant I was just spelling out the realities of that type of attempt.  We made a run last time with less to sell, and he also had less to sell, and he left us big time sniffing at the alter....get the pic.  Next around he now has tons of personal ability to sell and he's a HC currently making more at a school that could mildly attempt a bidding war with us.  He keeps VCU going as planned, well let's just say Jeff Capel at Oklahoma making nearly $900k a year should tell you where that gets you.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Tommy Amaker or Bobby Lutz, but I don't think we have deep enough pockets for either one.

Yikes, Verybullish you're way off on this one.  We're talking Grant as probably 90% out of our league and you think we could have a shot at Amaker.  Tommy's at University of Michigan, not Western, Eastern, or Central but the Maize and Blue.  He was brought in to turn that lackluster program back to prominence, and they have him on a 3 year plan.  Forget that talk.

Lutz is probably out of our league too, but his results in the A-10 have really dropped his stock considerably.

Think smaller conference HC's, and also think Mid-sized school assistants (i.e. no Duke Assistant, or Pitino Assistant will be coming our way).  To me, if a change would have to be made, Pelphries would be my top target.  Decent recruiter, great background, good success at a poor, small, southern college, and a nice face and well spoken.  To be honest that's probably about as good as it would get this year.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  44

Great debate.  It's going to be very interesting to see who actually gets hired THIS OFFSEASON.  

IN(side)bull

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Great debate.  It's going to be very interesting to see who actually gets hired THIS OFFSEASON.  

IN(side)bull

If McCullum wins two more, he gets a two yr extension.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549

Pelphrey at South Alabama would be perfect, IMO.  But he won't stay long.

I think Amaker is garbage, Lutz is past his prime(which wasn't awesome to begin with).  Ford knows he can have any big-time job he wants in a couple of years, i.e. he's not coming to USF.  Butler's coach probably has a better situation there.

USF is just in a real tough position until the Athletic Department commits to wanting to see the bball program succeed.  Which they obviously don't right now.

USF can regularly fight for NCAA births, but it will not happen until the leaders get serious about it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

If Billy Donovan is half as smart as it takes to take a team to the top, he'll see USF is clearly a better place than his current location. I bet he'd take a pay cut to come! An easy recruit!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Pelphrey would be nice, but the UK alum want him to come replace Tubby (who they want fired faster than the darksiders want RMC fired)

Chris Collins, an assistant at Duke would be my 1st choice. He's young, making less than 200k and is a bright mind. He lacks head coaching expierence and has lobbied for jobs to no avail.

ANother name is  Ronnie Arrow of arch nemesis Texas A&M -CC he's making a reported $140k range and has those guys winning.