• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCullum has colleagues' respect

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

ADDW has been a great hire for USF and I believe he will make the right decision based on results and available evidence.

I believe this with every fiber of my being.  And that is why I don't act the fools.

This is where the DarkSiders just don't get it..... at least ONE of the things they don't get. This is all most of us are saying. DW will do what's best for the program. It could go either way when the season's over, IMO .... the difference is that IF he does do nothing about Mac this year, I can see why he would make that decision based on ALL the factors, not just the financial ones.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks TB, and I meant "I don't act like the fools"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

None of those are on the list above, and all of them are valid.  You can say whatever you want, my entire premise behind disputing the point of view of the darksiders is the lack of relaity you provide, the lack of support for USF you display, and the ignorant manner in which you attack everything and everyone.  I'm not pro-Mac, I'm pro-reality and pro-USF.

you do claim darksiders have no knowledge of basketball, and that is on the list.  you claim to be the end-all source of truth when it comes to USF sports, and that is even worse.  there are much worse things you do as well, but whatever.

as for me, I don't care who has respect for a losing coach.  we'll see what happens the next few games and then the off-season.  there really is not more need for debate considering the season is over (virtually) and like people keep saying, it is up to AD Woolard.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Thanks TB, and I meant "I don't act like the fools"

Actually, "act a/the fool" is a Southern term for acting like a dumbass.  8-)

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

you do claim darksiders have no knowledge of basketball, and that is on the list.  you claim to be the end-all source of truth when it comes to USF sports, and that is even worse.  there are much worse things you do as well, but whatever.

Nope, you've got me confused with someone else.  Many of the darksiders know more about bball than I do.  I'm a much bigger football fan than bball fan.  In fact, I really didn't pay much attention to bball until I had free access to games as a USF student.  I do however, have a very good understanding of how USF works, much better than many if not all darksiders.

My entire issue with the darksiders is their lack of support for USF.  I'm not pro-Mac, I'm pro-USF.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Luckily for us, Dougs opinion matters much more than your Smazz, as does Crean's, although not much more.

Some CRM supporters might not like Woolard's opinion in two weeks. You have to give Woolard credit, he has the patience of Job and nobody has a real read on what he is planning on doing.

If ADDW makes his decision based on on the court performance.....cRM is done.

If ADDW makes his decison based on on recruiting results......cRM is done.

If ADDW makes his decision based on state of the program and fan support....cRM is done.

Ordinarily, such a report card would make a coaching change the worst kept secret in town. However, to his credit ADDW is giving CRM every bit of the season to make his case.

ADDW has been a great hire for USF and I believe he will make the right decision based on results and available evidence.

I'm not sure how many "supporters" there are out there. There are "realists" who think'll be back for another year because of financial reasons, etc. and there are people who are sick of Ari and the darksiders hijacking or starting 20 threads a day about it. But I dont think there are too many people who are thrilled with the direction of the program or think he deserves a 5 year extension as smazza will have you believe "we" think.

Fair post.

However, in defense of the "darksiders" and the brutually frustrated college hoops fans like the majority of us we are tired of the few CRM-apologists insulting our intelligence when they keep telling us that :

i. "there is nothing wrong with the program"

ii. "wins and losses don't mean a thing"

iii. "we don't understand basketball"

iv. sentiments basically saying, "we are only USF and this is the best we can ever hope to achieve"

v. violating the basic tenets of the Church of the Holy Bull by mouthing heresy such as "those old USF NCAAs teams weren't really that good".

I call BS on your 5 sentiments...

Who is saying any of that?  

i. obviously there is something wrong with the program, the debate is whether the coach is the problem or not or if there is more too it or not.

ii. wins and losses do matter,

iii.  i'm not sure if you ALL understand hoops, some do, some obviously don't...

iv. we all hope for more, but we all see a different means to the end...

v.  where the hell did number 5 come from?

all 5 are pretty much talking points of the darksiders and not how ANYONE feels that is a fan of USF.  We all have different thoughts about what the right way to proceed is, but not one of those sentiments is related to a any of the anti-darksiders.  Yes, that is what many of us are... we are against the constant bad mouthing, and the idiot attitude of certain posters.  There are some people that are against Mac that discuss the points and point out valid concerns.  Others just spew venom towards him, hijacking every single post, and pretty much waste everyones time on this board.  

I am pro Mac, as everyone knows... although I will say that there were a few times this season that my thoughts wavered.  If it were in my hands, i'd stick it out and see what happens, because I think that there is still just a better chance of Mac fixing what is broke as there is of Doug us finding some quick fix.  Perhaps Doug could bring in some coach and get us righted, but it would take years.  There will not be some quick fix.  If we make a coaching change, its still going to take a few years minimum to right the ship and rebuild.  I think Mac will get it fixed quicker than that.  Maybe i'm wrong.  We'll see what DW does.  I for one am greatly concerned about the poor performances and I really hope I am right because I don't want 3 more years of rebuilding, which I know is the case with EVERYONE here.  

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  42

someone please tell what coach can come in here, and recruit top notch ball players. Legally? He has done a nice job, for the talent hes had and injuries. You have to remember it's going to be awhile, before we start winning consistly. No matter whos the coach. I say give him one more year.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

If i can add one to that number, my favorite defense mechanism you pro mac guys use is the comparison to seth greenburg. Im sure some dark siders would love to have seth back, but even with his current success i would take Mac in a heartbeat over him.  Hard for me to say that because i would choose my high school coach and maybe even my PAL coach over mac, but anyone but seth. All those comments about how greenburgs players refused to play and smoked weed hold no bearing with me.  I dont give one crap about SG and I though he should be fired my first year following usf bball (surprising i know).  

Also we dont know how hard or how long it will take to rebuild a team with a new coach.   Maybe, our new coach can take the 3-4 quality players mac will leave behind along with 3-4 of his recruits or transfers and make something happen right away.  How would we know.  Once thing is for sure, we consistently lose with mac and we can at worst lose without him.  

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

rmc cant recruit

you need to recruit if you want to coach at highest level in college

Does RMC set a record for most transfers on a squad?

Believe that's his biggest problem...as he can't seem to recruit HS All-Star players to play in the Best (or Top 2-3) Basketball Conferences in the Nation.

If he is just relying on cast-offs from other programs...that is a clear sign he can't recruit HS's at the Big East level.

Don't think any team in the Big East (because its so good) can win without winning recruting wars in HS.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

If i can add one to that number, my favorite defense mechanism you pro mac guys use is the comparison to seth greenburg. 

Actually, I believe it is the darksiders that consistently bring Seth into the "discussion" by constantly posting about what he's doing.  Most of the anti-darksiders consistently tell you guys that Seth is gone, and what he does doesn't matter.  The only discussions regarding Seth that have bearing on Mac are those that recognize the horrible shape the program was left in by Seth.