• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Too many #$%# Northerners in this town...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  0

wow, i thought this topic was dead...

anyway... i dont wanna spill my life story, but sometimes as bad as u wanna do soemthing if u dont have the financial ability to do so it doesnt matter...

and again i do root for usf... just not nearly on the same level as osu... i agree with u, that u should not root agaisnt ur school, but u dont have to be a die hard fan of the team...

And i will say again, if u think u have the right to tell me or anyone who i can or cant root for, u have issues...

If u would ever like to discuss this in person as opposed to being an "online rambo", i work at the usf gym...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

People who come to this country for a beter opportunity and don't support us are basically a bunch of users.  If I moved to Germany and wanted to live there I would imbrace the country.  Far to many people want the trappings of the U.S but are the first to throw us under the bus during events like the World Cup.  

USF is just like that.  Why because it is not popular to like USF.  FSU, UF and other schools have history and lots of fans so that is easy to like those schools even when you did not go there.  Take a look at the number of Gaytor fans that did not even go to school there.  They like the mascot.  Now, that is a reason to like a program.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

anyway... i dont wanna spill my life story, but sometimes as bad as u wanna do soemthing if u dont have the financial ability to do so it doesnt matter...

and again i do root for usf... just not nearly on the same level as osu... i agree with u, that u should not root agaisnt ur school, but u dont have to be a die hard fan of the team...

And i will say again, if u think u have the right to tell me or anyone who i can or cant root for, u have issues...

If u would ever like to discuss this in person as opposed to being an "online rambo", i work at the usf gym...

Just out of sake of giving you advice, I will simply say that if you ever want to be taken seriously in a debate, work on your spelling and grammar. It decimates any argumentative credibility you have when you sound like a ten-year-old.

But, then, I can't fathom one reason a person could ever find to cheer for Ohio State unless they went there. They represent everything that is wrong about college athletics.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  44

Ok, it is called online lingo dude. Do you think I turn in my HONORS COLLEGE essays like this? I always think its hilarious when people try to insult ones intelligence because of how they type. I would bet my USF GPA is higher then yours...

OSU represents everything thats wrong about college athletics? You have no idea what you are talking about... But this is not an osu thread so im not gonna talk about osu...

Bobcat, what in the hell is your problem? You feel the necessity to attempt to belittle all of my posts.. Now I understand you went to OhioU, but i dont think that gives you the right to just attack me.. Im not a ucf/ecu fan on here talking crap, i root for usf and am a student here... Now I may not root for usf with the same passion as osu, but that is my choice... And dude, you make it sound like usf is the only school where people root for other teams.. This happens at every school, im sure you even have the few at osu/usc/uf/texas who root for others... You seem to take this so seriously, its really not that big of a deal.. There are no rules for being a fan.. I think i met you last yeat outside of the uconn vs usf basketball game.. You told me you hate osu since they tried to sue OU or something... Excuse me if you are not the person I am speaking of.. I will use the online rambo term again.. You and a few others act so hostile online, and claim you will call anyone out wearing other schools colors... Yet I have been here for just over a year and a half, and sport my osu gear 2-3 times a week, yet no one has ever called me out...  

But again, I never called you out. So why be so hostile just because you have a difference of opinion? Im not a ucf/ecu fan talkin crap, i am here to contribute to a bulls thread...I will say you seem to be one of the more opinionated persons on this board, which i would say isnt a good thing if and when you ever get highered by a decent company.. I can only imagien what you will do if your boss tells you to do something you dont like..

And this is not only to you bobcat but everyone.. PEOPLE LIKE BOBCAT ARE THE REASON MORE PEOPLE ARE NOT USF FANS... AS OPPOSED TO TELLING PEOPLE HOW COOL IT IS TO BE APART OF AN UP AND COMING PROGRAM, HE CALLS PEOPLE OUT AND PISSES PEOPLE OFF.. THUS MAKING PEOPLE COME TO GENERALIZATIONS ABOUT USF FANS.. SERIOUSLY, THINK ABOUT IT, WHAT WOULD B THE BETTER WAY TO CONVINCE YOU TO DO SOEMTHING? BY BELITTLING THEM AND TELLING THEM THERE STUPID, AND TELLING THEM "THEY SHOULD BE SHOT" ? OR EMBRACING THEM AND SHOWING THEM THE POSITIVE FUTURE OF USF ATHLETICS? Seems like an easy answer to me.,

Guest r_to_the_izzo
Not trying to stir the pot....but I wonder how many of these viewpoints translate over to discussions on immigration. Should ppl be encouraged to assimilate to the new nation, or just hold on to the old?  :o

lol, dont get me started

Yeah, me either.

Lets just say I had a few words with people at work during the World Cup this year.  >:(

I wish I could meet you in real life, so someone could knock some sense into you. You're so ignorant its ridiculous.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Just out of sake of giving you advice, I will simply say that if you ever want to be taken seriously in a debate, work on your spelling and grammar. It decimates any argumentative credibility you have when you sound like a ten-year-old.

But, then, I can't fathom one reason a person could ever find to cheer for Ohio State unless they went there. They represent everything that is wrong about college athletics.

That is the same line Bianchi used for us. And it is covered in jealousy and envy.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I've said it many times, I don't think it's a law that your favorite college team has to be your alma mater. People go to schools for something outside of sports...an education.

There are a million reasons why someone chooses to be a fan of one team over another and there is no reason to make them justify why they are a fan as long as they support that team through thick and thin.

There is a girl on this site that is a current student at UF, yet is a Bulls fan. No one would jump on her for choosing to be a USF fan while attending UF. In fact the last time we had a thread like this she spoke up and said how rediculous it was.

My best friend's roomate at UF was a die hard Nole fan and he wasn't shy about tell you that.

Now do I agree with someone who chooses to put another team above their school, in most cases no. I think it sucks sometimes. However, I know there are some diehard fans are so committed to a team that asking them to change alliegences would be like asking them to kill their dog.  Not gonna happen.

Just be glad for those who are USF fans and appreciate that we have a growing fan base that one day will be very large.

(Sorry if my grammar is bad, I am late for a meeting typing this up.)

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

My two cents: I think it's weak-willed to change favorite teams every time you move. When I lived in Tampa I did not magically become a Bucs fan; now that I'm in NC I'm not magically a Panthers fan. If you live somewhere for an extended period of time, I can understand becoming a fan of the new home team (note I said "becoming", not just choosing) but I won't begrudge you the choice of the team from your old home, your new home, or anywhere else for that matter, as long as their YOUR team.

As far as college teams, I personally think you should root for your alma mater above all others, unless they compete at different levels; i.e. if I've always been a Tar Heels fan and I go to Pfeiffer (DII), it makes sense that I keep rooting for the Heels in DI competition (although I think you should also support your team). I believe in undergraduate institution above all others; Y'all know I'm ride or die for the Bulls, but if and when the time comes that they compete against my Dogs, you better believe Ill be there in black and gold. That's my thoughts on team loyalty. YMMV.