• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Green--where can I find car paint that color?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm contemplating the possibility of painting my VW Super Beetle USF Green. Would anyone know where to find that color in good automobile paint/enamel? If it winds up being cost conducive, I may switch to USF Green and get a vinyl/magnetic iconic "U" to smack up on my roof for USF games. We can have the Bull Bug to go along with the BullDozer.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  0

I believe that the green is PMS 343.  You should be able to get any paint and body shop to match that color.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

I like the idea, and used to own a '72 Super (bright orange, original color... used to be my mom's. A fun car to have when you're 16, and safe, when you consider how well it handled and that it couldn't break 73mph).

This is Pantone 343.

green_colour.gif

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

FYI: If you print that swatch there's about 1% chance that it comes out pantone 343. Your best bet is asking for the color at a body/paint shop.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

I believe that the green is PMS 343.  

Correct and your trim could be PMS 4515 GOLD

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Interlux "Perfection" and Awl Grip make 2-part polyurathanes that are pretty close in color.  Interlux Jade Mist Green is pretty close.  You can get these at West Marine, check them out on the web.  Look at "topside" paints.  

The Awl Grip is pretty easy stuff to apply with a HPLV  Home-Depot type sprayer, but you really want to be careful if you spray on yourself, the stuff can be pretty flammable and hazardous when airborne.  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Excellent. I'll discuss these options with the person helping restore my bug. Some of you folks may have seen me putting around tampa in it. It's a metallic burgundy '73 SuperBeetle with USF plates. I don't think there's another one like it on the road, and I've had it since I was 15. The car has been with me for 13 years, and its due a good restoration at the hands of a professional. I'm anticipating leasing a better car soon, so that I don't have difficulties lugging around clients, and I hope to have my Beetle for weekend fun. Like I said, if the color change is within my budget, you may very well see a Bull Bug in the next few months.

Thanks for the info, fellas. I can't believe I'm going to be without my Beetle for a while, but it'll look sweet when its completely restored.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Make sure that when the restoration is complete that you take a picture of it and post it for all of us Bull fans.     :)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Bull Bug vs Herbie  8-)