• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB:  Breaking down the schedule(call 'em excuses)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

This discussion is for how the season breaks down.  This is not a pro/con McCullum thread.  I believe there are 1-2 wins left in our BasketBulls.  Three is possible but unlikely.  After losing to SJU, USF IS, without question, the 14th team in the BE TODAY.  Beating Seton Hall will make them the 13th.

Another excuse/complaint is USF didn't get any scheduling breaks by making our MBB play both SJU and SHU away not to mention play nearly all of the top 8 teams in Jan.  Personally, I think BE tourney should have all the teams to go MSG or at least have the bottom 8 play "play-in games" at the 9-12 seeds arenas.  This would still give the 1-4 seeds a bye.  

Bad Losses (shoulda won):

Richmond@Home - Came out flat & over confident and wouldn't have lost w/Big G

TAMU in Vegas - New guys still finding thier way but a BE team should not lose to this team.

Unexpected Wins:

Wake Forest - beat a bad ACC team

Notre Dame - beat an overconfident overrated team that can play good Bb

Losses that could of gone either ways:

Missouri St in Tampa - BE team should have won this one.  Arguably a bad loss especially at home.

@UAB - Not a terrible loss but they should of been more competitive

@SJU - Evenly matched teams; lossing this away game was not shameful but how they lost it was

Syracuse in Tampa - Bulls didn't match well and I never expected a win vs the Orange so I have this listed here only b/c it was last nites game and it was close for 14 mins.

Remaining Schedule:

Depaul and Providence in Tampa - both winnable but Providence looks like the more likely W but in reality it comes to matchups.  Syracuse size really nuetralized Mattis.  USF really needs a double-double from both him and G'berry.  BTW, the home Depaul game is faculty appreciation nite so the crowd should be decent (close to 4000) which is good.

SHU & Depaul on the Road:

SHU looks like the best possible chance at the first road BE W.  If USF beats Depaul in Tampa I can't see beating Depaul on the road on Senior Nite or Day put stranger things have happened.

IMO to date USF should prolly have only 2 more wins.  Is that horrible?  I'm not overly upset but the way some of the losses have happened and watching our half court O is agonizing 75% of the time I'm dissappointed.  I will admit that a stellar February, as I have predicted, is looking more unlikely but still not bad if they win 3 of 4 down the road.  Ultimately, our MBB team is prolly gonna finish 13th  because SJU has the tie breaker over USF :'( .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

another year same story

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

One more comment is that if they can win the next 5 games, NIT might be possible.    That's assuming 4 more BE wins gets them to MSG.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

One more comment is that if they can win the next 5 games, NIT might be possible.    That's assuming 4 more BE wins gets them to MSG.

and it may be possible for my to have a threesome with Paris Hilton and Carmen Electra tonight.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

and it may be possible for my to have a threesome with Paris Hilton and Carmen Electra tonight.

hahahahahaha, not that is the funniest thing i've heard in a long time, dude they wouldn't touch you with a 50 foot pole.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

another year same story

Not entirely. Just remember last year we were dead last, and this sort of talk was done 3 weeks ago. Also, this year every media source including the coaches poll picked USF to finish dead last this year, and that was proven wrong. So it's not quite the same, but there are still problems.

Personally, I think BE tourney should have all the teams to go MSG or at least have the bottom 8 play "play-in games" at the 9-12 seeds arenas.  This would still give the 1-4 seeds a bye.  

Actually, Doug, with 12 teams you have to have a bye... with 16, you would lose the byes...

16 teams -> 4 winners + 8 byes -> 6 winners -> 3 winners -> ???

16 teams -> 8 winners -> 4 winners -> 2 winners -> 1 champion

12 teams -> 4 winners + 4 byes -> 4 winners -> 2 winners -> 1 champion

If you had all 16, then you would give 1-4 TWO bye games... the only way for 16 teams to play in a tournament is for 1 to play 16, 2 to lay 15, etc -- like they do in the NCAA...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think the problem with that came down to renting the Garden didn't it?

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Have we won any road games this year?  I know we haven't had a win on the road in conference, but I don't know about the rest of the schedule.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

@ ECU; @ UNC - Wilmington.

I think there is another.