• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football: I`m looking past Elon !

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I was skimming your board and had to comment.  Professor is right, never look past anyone .  App state will tell you that, when a flat Elon team came from 20 down to beat them in basketball.  Elon will tell you that when cit took the final baseball series from us, and again App, NATIONAL CHAMPS almost lost to Elon in football.  The game was decided on about 5 min of bad decisions and bad play calls.  Any team any day I always say.  With that said Im not expecting a win I just want to see how good we can do against a bowl league team.  The one problem with this game is you have everything to loose and we have everything to win, so if your players look past they could be caught off guard.  1 word of warning dont gauge us by our recent years, we have had many staff changes and position changes, so were a completely different team with a whole lot of heart.  I look forward to the game and wish your team the best of luck.  Just don’t talk too mush BULL S*** ;) or you might just have to eat it after the game. J/k

prediction

usf - 48

elon - 6

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

This is not disrespect to Elon, but if we don't win this game by at least 35-40 points something is seriously wrong.  We are supposed to be a top 25 or nearly top 25 team.  Top 30 1-A teams don't let the Elons hang around.  Again, no disrepect to Elon, but that is the way it SHOULD be.  This should be reminiscent of the 51-10 against FAU.  

By the way, Army is a lot better than Elon, and that was our worst year ever.  Also FIU is a 1-A team, not 1-AA and they played several teams tough at the beginning of year before eventually falling apart after losing a bunch of players to the UM brawl.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

I was skimming your board and had to comment.  Professor is right, never look past anyone .  App state will tell you that, when a flat Elon team came from 20 down to beat them in basketball.  Elon will tell you that when cit took the final baseball series from us, and again App, NATIONAL CHAMPS almost lost to Elon in football.  The game was decided on about 5 min of bad decisions and bad play calls.  Any team any day I always say.  With that said Im not expecting a win I just want to see how good we can do against a bowl league team.  The one problem with this game is you have everything to loose and we have everything to win, so if your players look past they could be caught off guard.  1 word of warning dont gauge us by our recent years, we have had many staff changes and position changes, so were a completely different team with a whole lot of heart.  I look forward to the game and wish your team the best of luck.  Just don’t talk too mush BULL S*** ;) or you might just have to eat it after the game. J/k

This is a rubber match game for both of us as our record against Elon is 1-1; my uncle is a prof there and I lost a lot of money on that loss. I want some **** revenge against the ex- Fighting Christians.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  41

This is not disrespect to Elon, but if we don't win this game by at least 35-40 points something is seriously wrong.  We are supposed to be a top 25 or nearly top 25 team.  Top 30 1-A teams don't let the Elons hang around.  Again, no disrepect to Elon, but that is the way it SHOULD be.  This should be reminiscent of the 51-10 against FAU.  

By the way, Army is a lot better than Elon, and that was our worst year ever.  Also FIU is a 1-A team, not 1-AA and they played several teams tough at the beginning of year before eventually falling apart after losing a bunch of players to the UM brawl.

No disrespect taken, Im not expecting a win From Elon.  I look at the game as more of a guage on our talent level and how closley we can hang in.  1 reason i like this game is its our first against a bowl league so it means were moving up in prestege. 2 it has a little history with us playing each other in your first few years of existance and both sides wanting a little revenge. 3, well its the start of footballl season and what better reason then that.  On that note there still is a little voice in the back of my head that says WIN WIN WIN, and we are the phoenix and do rise from ashes so who knows ........... ;)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,085
  • Days Won:  469

When we played you, Elon was the "Fighting Christians"....I went up to that game in 97, stayed in town a few days...nice campus you have.  You beat us pretty good that first year of our program and then we returned the favor on 98.  For us old-timers that have been around since 97, this is sort of nostalgiac.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

When we played you, Elon was the "Fighting Christians"....I went up to that game in 97, stayed in town a few days...nice campus you have.  You beat us pretty good that first year of our program and then we returned the favor on 98.  For us old-timers that have been around since 97, this is sort of nostalgiac.

Yes, this will be payback (again) for breaking one of our player's legs that game in 97.  He was a reciever, Marcus something???

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,085
  • Days Won:  469

Yep, Marcus Rivers - real speed guy...ended his career.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Unless Elon simply doesn't put up a fight, I don't see us ROTS-ing on Elon.  CJL will keep things extremely vanilla and substitute liberally.  Hopefully, we don't get into an FIU-like struggle doing so.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

It's foolish to look past anybody.  Every USF fan should hope that the team is fired up and we get up big early and get deep into our bench and that we maintain a lead that allows us to (1) never get out of our base defense, (2) never have to blitz, (3) never have to run a trick play, and (4) have a 4 to 1 run/pass ratio . . .  Auburn's game film on us will absolutely suck!

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  808

I think what ET is trying to say is that it's nice to be getting to that point with program where we dont have to sweat every single game. Of course no one is looking past it in the sense that it's not being taken seriously; rather, we're confident that the team will come prepared and readily handle business.