• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is USF football growing TOO fast?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

True, we had 17K season tixs, but 3K of them were unpaid.  I would hope the total would be around 20K next year.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Fact:  The week after the win at WVU, there was a large spike in season ticket sales.  Big wins will bring the attendance up.  

have we increased the season tix base this year?

did we hit 20K yet?

when will we hit 25K?

Last year (2006), USF had a little over 14,000 season tix SOLD...along with another 3,000 free season tix distributed.

With a very attractive home schedule this year...USF's season tix numbers (especially sold) should easily go up.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

On The Dumbgeon board there is a lot of finger-pointing as to which fan or group of fans is "obsessed".   Well, I think we have a unanimous winner.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

On The Dumbgeon board there is a lot of finger-pointing as to which fan or group of fans is "obsessed".   Well, I think we have a unanimous winner.

Thank goodness I had enough sense and held back my urges to request access to that board.  I actually feel as if I've added years on my life because of that decision. 8-)

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Thank goodness I had enough sense and held back my urges to [highlight]request access to that board[/highlight].  I actually feel as if I've added years on my life because of that decision. 8-)

You have to be kidding me!   I wouldn't even waste the time clicking to the site.   LOL  

I have better things to do, like post with intelligent people.    ;)

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

It will be interesting to see how this works out. We are unique compared to all other BCS schools... we're the only true commuter school among them.

TRUE commuter school? Per CJL, we have more on-campus housing than FSU. A better term would be the only perceived commuter school.

I'm not sure it's the commuter school thing that gets me. I hope we keep building dorms. We need a lot more of them.

A school like UC requires all first-year students to live on-campus unless they have a special exemption to stay at home with their parents. At most residential universities, that applies to sophomores too... even Ohio State. It's not the commuter nature of USF that irks me to a degree, it's how many first-year students live with friends in apartments. That's really no different than commuting. Most of them drive to campus anyway.

If you drive to campus, you're a commuter student, in my mind, and if you drive to class you're not getting the college experience -- and part of that experience is being a MEMBER of the campus and thus the spirit for the university grows from within.

I hope that one day the university can grow its on-campus residence hall capacity so we can get on board with a similar policy. There's a great deal lost when you don't live in a residence hall for at least a year. It defines the college experience. Remove the experience and it's just a degree, and if it's just a degree the intangibles like support for athletic teams disappear.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

It will be interesting to see how this works out. We are unique compared to all other BCS schools... we're the only true commuter school among them.

TRUE commuter school? Per CJL, we have more on-campus housing than FSU. A better term would be the only perceived commuter school.

I'm not sure it's the commuter school thing that gets me. I hope we keep building dorms. We need a lot more of them.

A school like UC requires all first-year students to live on-campus unless they have a special exemption to stay at home with their parents. At most residential universities, that applies to sophomores too... even Ohio State. It's not the commuter nature of USF that irks me to a degree, it's how many first-year students live with friends in apartments. That's really no different than commuting. Most of them drive to campus anyway.

If you drive to campus, you're a commuter student, in my mind, and if you drive to class you're not getting the college experience -- and part of that experience is being a MEMBER of the campus and thus the spirit for the university grows from within.

I hope that one day the university can grow its on-campus residence hall capacity so we can get on board with a similar policy. There's a great deal lost when you don't live in a residence hall for at least a year. It defines the college experience. Remove the experience and it's just a degree, and if it's just a degree the intangibles like support for athletic teams disappear.

Well, I have to disagree here.  I've never lived in a dorm (5th year of college).  They are over-cramped and over-priced.  Also, aren't you also required  to buy an over-priced meal plan that no one (that I know of) ever fully uses anyway?  I went to UF for a year, but even if I lived on campus I would not have been a Gator fan.  I have been at USF for 4 years and lived at 2 different places off campus and am now a major USF fan.  I'm only a few minutes away from campus.  I don't really care if I'm called a commuter.  I buy the parking pass, I go to class, and I'm about to be a USF alum.  What difference does it make that I didn't overpay for a dorm and meal plan?  Maybe that's just me.

Also, I know Penn State doesn't even allow underclassmen to have cars.  I sure as hell wouldn't want to go there.  I like to be able to go anywhere I want, including road games and to parties on other Florida campuses.  Disney World is nice as well.  Does a shuttle go to busch gardens?  maybe it does...whatever.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Fact:  The week after the win at WVU, there was a large spike in season ticket sales.  Big wins will bring the attendance up.  

Link?

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

it was the first 8 years where bulls missed the boat

The Jr. Bulls Club has been around at least 7-8 years.

bulls game should be on free tv in tampa bay area and should have been from day one

You know very little about TV don't you.  Unless you expect USF to pay Infomercial rates for a three hour game, they do not control whether or not a TV station or network feels they should carry their games.  You gotta think a little deeper some times...please.

i know plenty about television i have watched it my entire life

teams on tv get fans

usf should have hooked up with sponsors early on the build interest.TV was the way but usf blew it.

another excuse for usf's failure to properly market the football program

No sponsor was going to take a brand new college football program and provide enough funding to get them televised every single week.  To suggest that it's a failure on USF to secure immediate weekly television airing is evidence of complete ignorance of the realities of marketing, college football, television, and budgeting.  I am consistently amazed by the lack of knowledge displayed on this website.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I am consistently amazed by the lack of knowledge displayed on this website.

The website only hosts the thoughts of others, ignorant or otherwise.  Please don't blame the site for the stupid comments.

"We're not responsible for the content."   ;)

There are some very intelligent and thoughtful posters here.  Hooligans, imbeciles and dumb ones too, but there are some other very good contributors.