• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is USF football growing TOO fast?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

We are caught in a money and competition conundrum, we need money now to bring in the top flight programs and they might not want to take less money if they have a potential to loose against us.  Some of the games we have scheduled were scheduled when we were not in a BCS conference and/or just joining the Big East.  

I do agree with filling the stadium is key and it must come from existing students and alumni.  Does anyone know if they are busing students in from St. Petersburg Campus or Sarasota Campus for the games?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

i know plenty about television i have watched it my entire life

That goes into my list of all time greatest retorts!  LOL!

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

I'll be surprised if the UM game in a couple of years doesn't break the 50K mark.  Easy equation:  Bring in big names + keep winning = good attendance.

No one outside either alumni base wants to see us play UCF, but bring in UF or FSU and we would have our first sellout.  I guarantee people that have no connection whatsoever to USF will come to support the home team against a foe like that.  Does Auburn come to Tampa in a couple of years?  That should be a big draw.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

There was a unbacked rumor that USF and UF were working on a deal to get them to come to RJS about a year ago. It was apparently snagged for the same reason you said it would do well, UF wanted to be compenstated for selling out RJS. The late rumor is that UF wanted high concessions to come play and USF didn't want to give up the money. (again, it wa sjust a rumor being spread across the board)

I have been one skeptical about bringing FSU or UF into RJS just yet. In most cases I fully believe that it could become a pro FSU/UF crowd very easy (if not even representation, as many of the corporate season ticket holders could end up giving those empty seats to UF or FSU fans (assuming their USF alumni might have season tix).

Auburn does not have a return date as it was a "pay" game created when we were just getting to I-A.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

To be able to get bigger names, we need more money as mentioned, this will be done by bigger donors.

Fans will catch up to the growth of our team.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

To answer the question asked in the subject area of this post...

NO

and I think the better question to ask is, "Are we spoiled?"

Yes

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  115

Having read every post in this thread I must say a few things.  1. I dont know about any one else that posts on this board, but I personally dont want to see bandwagon Gator, and Noles fans jumping on board over the next few years.  I would rather have 35,000 true Bulls fans in the house than another 15,000 Smazza's.  If you have issues with the program find another program which has come close the the success of USF in 10 years.  2. If you have ever traveled with the team on the road which I have many times now you will have noticed something pretty amazing,  Even the big programs such as Miami, West Virginia and the likes dont ever overshadow our presence.  We may be small in #'s, but we are huge in heart.  3.  Anyone who has a beef with the schedule, please find a better non conference schedule in our conference, or in our state for that matter.  Are we playing Elon yes, but personally I am happy about that.  As a FAN of USF I want to see a cupcake to start the season.  The powers ALL have cupcakes early on, for the unenlightened we will call it preseason.  Ignorance is bliss and I think quite a few fake fans are showing their ignorance more and more these days.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

It will be interesting to see how this works out. We are unique compared to all other BCS schools... we're the only true commuter school among them.

TRUE commuter school? Per CJL, we have more on-campus housing than FSU. A better term would be the only perceived commuter school.

Yeah, that's true. In the past 5 years or so, they've basically built an entire new "northeast corner" of campus with nothing but housing and the like.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Anyone who has a beef with the schedule, please find a better non conference schedule in our conference, or in our state for that matter.  

I have to disagree to some extent, we clearly have the best nonconference schedule in the BE, in the state though...

FSU: @ Colorado, Alabama (in Jax), @ UF

Miami: @ Oklahoma, Texas A&M