• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Gains On the Big Boys

Guest JulmisteForPrez
the big 3 isnt concerned about usf

the article was pretty funny

Smazza:  The voice of reason or a killjoy, you make the choice! :D

[highlight]Is there a choice for a money laundering, 40 felony blowhard[/highlight]???

[smiley=roflmao.gif]

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Lakeland is quickly becoming a USF hotbed.  While the Gators are clearly the most popular option in town, it wouldn't be a stretch to say USF is now #2.  You can't go anywhere in town without seeing USF plates or people wearing USF gear.  I teach at a local high school and many of the kids wear USF t-shirts.

Now if we can just get them to make a 30 min drive............

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

if_i_only_had_a_brain_1.JPG

Smazzzzza Theme Song

If Only Had a Brain

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  123

Possibly correct, but they should be.  Because 1 or 2 of those programs is about to get passed by.  In the very near future.

Not to mention USF would have beaten UM and FSU in a head to head matchup last year (at least if game was played after first few games).

You have to be joking!!! I am not calling you out because your a USF fan, but because you are delusional! Will Louisville or WVU surpass Miami or FSU? Let me explain something to you. You are talking about two programs that put STARS in the NFL. How many players has USF put in the NFL? How many players will USF put in the NFL in the next 5 years in the first round of the draft?

FSU and UM had a down year. FSU had it because of bad coordinating and injuries, UM for other reasons. Maybe you should go see how many 4 star athletes those schools nabbed and talk the same way. Is it me or do you all just shoot of the hip and go by the seat of your pants?

Werent you 6-6 last year. 1 good year in the Big East and now your going to surpass two of the best programs in recent college football history!!?! Teams that have 4,5, maybe more NCs and years of tradition? BTW, maybe you should look up the term consistency, sustainability, precedence, etc.

I am not taking away from what looks to be an amazing team. With Mike Ford you all will kick some serious ass. I dont need to be told how bad UCF sucks because I know. But to think that you will in any way PASS FSU or Miami on a reasonably consistent basis within the next 10-15 years is silly. The Bulls have had alot of good fortune. Try winning games if Grothe goes down! Try winning games if Mike Ford goes down! The depth that FSU and Miami has is sick. You guys are just as delusional as some of our very own UCFers!

The office Gator fan showed me that in the Ledger this morning.  She is quickly becoming impressed.  She should be -- she never took the first class at UF (or USF) and I keep telling her that USF is the Home Team for Lakeland.

Really, she is not too obnoxious for a Gator Fan.

I was in Orlando for a conference last weekend through this wednesday.  At the Bar in a Marriot, the bartender mentioned my USF shirt and said that UCF and USf are about the same, huh?  By the time I got through educating him as to our achievements, he was psyched for us.  Making fans all over.  We just have to promote.  Soon we will have 60,000 fans at the games all swearing they have never missed one! ;D

Despite what you think, UCF and USF are lumped into the same bucket all over the state. For the mass majority who are not as big football enthusiasts as we are, there is no distinction. Some of you all live in a fairy tale land where USF is this glorious, better school than UCF and you say its reality. Well, its not. ITs not UF, its not FSU, its not UM. Its a commuter school about 10 years older than UCF that has great research programs in a ****** part of temple terrace. UCF is a school that really doesnt have much to brag about but their computer science and engineering. They are both large public universities that will play second fiddle to UF,FSU,UM for a long time.  I expect flagrant attacks for saying this and I wouldnt expect anything differnt, but its the truth.

UCF has just as much  recognition, fan-base, popularity as USF. Asante Samuel, Daunte Culpepper, Travis Fisher, Brandon Marshall (Baby TO who showed everyone up at the College all-star game)Shawn Jefferson, etc. We do have some name recognition.  UCF has always been mediocre in all areas, but in the public eye so is USF. THERE IS NO DISTINCTION

By the way. FSU signed 17 4-stars last year and 2 five stars. In order to surpass them you actually have to PLAY them.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Possibly correct, but they should be.  Because 1 or 2 of those programs is about to get passed by.  In the very near future.

Not to mention USF would have beaten UM and FSU in a head to head matchup last year (at least if game was played after first few games).

You have to be joking!!! I am not calling you out because your a USF fan, but because you are delusional! Will Louisville or WVU surpass Miami or FSU? Let me explain something to you. You are talking about two programs that put STARS in the NFL. How many players has USF put in the NFL? How many players will USF put in the NFL in the next 5 years in the first round of the draft?

FSU and UM had a down year. FSU had it because of bad coordinating and injuries, UM for other reasons. Maybe you should go see how many 4 star athletes those schools nabbed and talk the same way. Is it me or do you all just shoot of the hip and go by the seat of your pants?

Werent you 6-6 last year. 1 good year in the Big East and now your going to surpass two of the best programs in recent college football history!!?! Teams that have 4,5, maybe more NCs and years of tradition? BTW, maybe you should look up the term consistency, sustainability, precedence, etc.

I am not taking away from what looks to be an amazing team. With Mike Ford you all will kick some serious ass. I dont need to be told how bad UCF sucks because I know. But to think that you will in any way PASS FSU or Miami on a reasonably consistent basis within the next 10-15 years is silly. The Bulls have had alot of good fortune. Try winning games if Grothe goes down! Try winning games if Mike Ford goes down! The depth that FSU and Miami has is sick. You guys are just as delusional as some of our very own UCFers!

we are at lease on the right track and gaining momentum...

we are hitting new milestones every year and progressing.

in the last 3 years each recuiting class has been better than the rest, we are getting more of the recruits we go after.

IF we continue with our current progress... in five years with consistant top 25 rankings a BE title or two and we will become part of FL big 4...this is all possible with the foundation we have in place, NOW.

note: no swipe taken at UCF!

Guest r_to_the_izzo
By the way. FSU signed 17 4-stars last year and 2 five stars. In order to surpass them you actually have to PLAY them.

Guess what numbnuts, FSU signs those players every year. And how did they finish (with one of the weakest schedules in the nation I might add). How about UM? Is "the pass" going to happen over night? No. But if you think were decades away from passing them your a retard (which in your previous posts you have proven).

By the way, UCF has had football for 30 years and they cant even hold USF's nutsack. You need to stop looking for our approval over here and go stroke yourself to your "super-secret" recruits on the ucf rivals.

Fu cking jackass.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

we have been trying to get a game against them the last 3 years with no bites

UM has treated us fairly with 1-1

UF has given us 2 payday games

FSU nothing (interpret that how you wish)

ucf 2-2 (2-0 record, no further comment)

fiu 2-1

fau 2-1

famu we gave them a payday game and have offered them more

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I stand by my statement that we can pass UM or FSU by soon.  Your going on past glory of UM and FSU.  Past glory don't mean they are better now.  We realistacally could be a top 20 team next year.  We realistically could go to a BCS bowl within the next 2 years.  This is not delusional.  Of course, it might not happen.  I never said it would happen, just that is could happen, and it very well could.  Ask UL or WVU whether they think it could happen.  The only thing we do not have is history, and we will build that.

As far as USF and UCF being considered the same, of course some ignorant fool off the street, that doesn't know 2 cents about football is going to think they are the same.  BUT, anyone, and everyone, who knows anything about college footbal.  EVERY expert known to man, every website, etc, considers USf to be on a different level than UCF.  That is a fact.  Look at all the preseason projections for next year.  Any and All experts consider USF to be closer to UM and FSU than UCF.  Sure the average Joe off the street might not see a big difference, but who cares what they think.  Those in the know about football actually know the difference.  UCF, FIU, and FAU are one in the same to me.  Non BCS programs.