• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

where will usf recruiting rank when all said and d

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

That is why I still say the star ranking means squat.  

Unless the players are really given the credit they are due, the system is skewed.

See for example:  Valsosta High School, GA: Lawrence McCoy out of Valdosta HS,  6' 6" 265 OT.  He was named to Georgia's First team All-Region.  Is he a 2 star or a 3 star?  

There are other 2 star recruits on the team's commmit list who aren't given their due.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

what will be the ranking of the other big east teams?

After signing day...probably looking pretty good.

Come July when kids have to enroll and be totally qualified...maybe not as good.

Much like UCiF Fans....

During the offseason...everything looking great.

Come Fall, when kids have to make plays against crappy CDOA teams.....maybe not as good.

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

I'm with Mama and RJ. We don't need to go around the country trying to pick up a bunch of 5 star players. All the best talent is right in our Floridian backyard. Sure there are the Adrian Petersons and Ernie Simses who live up to that 5 star hype. Then you also have guys like Kyle Wright? Willie Williams? Xavier Lee? Antone Smith? All these "superstars" who haven't amounted to anything. Rankings are just something to get fans excited about for bragging rights, just like the preseason top 25. Sometimes the players can't make the transition.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,836
  • Days Won:  22

Im more interested in HOW the team plays in the FALL. Recruiting keeps you with something to keep track in February but is how those kids develop and play later that matters.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i wouldnt close the book on antone smith yet.  he will have a huge year this year now that he is the feature back.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  123

what will be the ranking of the other big east teams?

After signing day...probably looking pretty good.

Come July when kids have to enroll and be totally qualified...maybe not as good.

Much like UCiF Fans....

During the offseason...everything looking great.

Come Fall, when kids have to make plays against crappy CDOA teams.....maybe not as good.

2005-2006 was our first DECENT class.  I dont think any of our classes has really looked good on paper til then. Most of those kids havent even touched the field yet man. Go look at the players in 2003, 2004, 2005. Do they look good on paper? This would explain why we had a bad season and couldnt beat CUSA teams. Not the fact that we look good on paper before signing day .This years class is a little better. Its obvious that USF is better than UCF hands down. I dont think thats even a question. Just keep in mind that the teams you beat are the worst UCF recruiting classes in 10 years. I am not saying that we will ever beat you I mean USF's classes are getting better and better and better than ours. What I am saying is that on Paper UCF is finally getting back to signing the quality of recruits that coach K did. The difference we hope is that these recruits actually qualify and or stay out of trouble. As you know Coach K had some classes with 3 or 4, 4 star players, but that class got into alot of trouble and the whole house of cards collapsed.

Its upsetting that you dont acknowledge facts or get your facts straight. Yes UCF sucked last season, but lets be clear why. The recruiting prior to last class has sucked and I would also say we dont have very good gameday coordinators. I mean I can beleive they are keeping Tim Salem OC on board. He is so lame and predictable. I have to say I like the scripting by USF.

You guys are going to big things. It pains alot of UCF fans that we missed the boat.

I think we will be sucessful and truth be told we dont go after alot of the same recruits so I dont see a big issue there. IF anyhting it would be nice to see our team get better to have real good games. This years game was real good, but Grothe was raw. USF got better and better throughout the season while UCF didnt start to get any better until the final couple of games.

Good luck on the rest of the recruiting period and a very classy move by CJL with the funeral.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

ftu/ou/oc gets their 3rd shot at usf

Guest r_to_the_izzo

The rankings comesigning day dont matter. The only rankings that matter are the final standings, both BE and National.