• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re: Voss? Acedemically Ineligable?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It isn't unusual for a few recruits to be considered academically ineligible.  That is the reason why most teams recruit over their 25 allotted scholarship spots.  Most of the time it is because they didn't score well on entry tests.  I don't kinow the validity of the story regarding Voss, but I am sure we will find out about soon enough.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Hey guys

i dont know if you heared Josh Newberg on ESPN Radio at 6:25 last evening.

But he mentioned that we will have about 28-30 recruits just in case a few wont be eligible.

He went on to say that he heared that Alton Voss might be one of the recruits in trouble with grades? He said he would be surprised if this is true.

any info on this?

you dont say

and this great batch will get usf a mighty ranking in the 50s?

please tell me why this matters to you?  you do know that these ranking systems are completely subjective and are often the product of one or two people, right?

it's not like the AP poll, in which 60+ people vote - which can remove a lot of bias.

heck, for scout, the usf board administrator had to contact the scout HQ and convince them to change a couple of rankings by sending videos and making a case... if that doesn't tell you that any ranking of recruiting classes is completely bogus, I don't know what would...

so, smazza, please tell us why it is important for USF to appear higer on some magic list of irrelevant measurements...

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Concerned about Voss from what Josh said yesterday.  Hopefully he gets his grades in order.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

there is a lot of time between now and the end of the high school year.  usually enough time for someone to get their affairs in order in time to enroll for the fall...that is, if they want to put in the work on the books.

its rare that you find a QB that is ineligable, if this story was true, which we have no idea if it is or not...well if it is true then Voss might not be looking like a good option at QB for us then

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Anyone else see the irony in the misspellings in the title of this thread?  Hilarious.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Couldnt this be a plus if it would work out?  Maybe next year he would still want to come to USF and with 4 years Grothe will only have 2 years instead of 3 when Voss comes in, get my point?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Couldnt this be a plus if it would work out?  Maybe next year he would still want to come to USF and with 4 years Grothe will only have 2 years instead of 3 when Voss comes in, get my point?

That would only work if he goes to a Prep school, if he goes to a CC those years will count against his eligibility.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

heck, for scout, the usf board administrator had to contact the scout HQ and convince them to change a couple of rankings by sending videos and making a case...

That's great. Maybe he can talk 'em into changing a few of our 3* to 4* or 5* so we can lose them to other schools.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

please tell me why this matters to you?  you do know that these ranking systems are completely subjective and are often the product of one or two people, right?

it's not like the AP poll, in which 60+ people vote - which can remove a lot of bias.

heck, for scout, the usf board administrator had to contact the scout HQ and convince them to change a couple of rankings by sending videos and making a case... if that doesn't tell you that any ranking of recruiting classes is completely bogus, I don't know what would...

so, smazza, please tell us why it is important for USF to appear higer on some magic list of irrelevant measurements...

a team like usf that finishes in the 50's will never ever win the big east.

there is a correlation to the teams that recruit well and their on field performance

only schools that arent in top 25 scream rankings dont matter