• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re: Voss? Acedemically Ineligable?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

and this great batch will get usf a mighty ranking in the 50s?

please tell me why this matters to you?  you do know that these ranking systems are completely subjective and are often the product of one or two people, right?

it's not like the AP poll, in which 60+ people vote - which can remove a lot of bias.

heck, for scout, the usf board administrator had to contact the scout HQ and convince them to change a couple of rankings by sending videos and making a case... if that doesn't tell you that any ranking of recruiting classes is completely bogus, I don't know what would...

so, smazza, please tell us why it is important for USF to appear higer on some magic list of irrelevant measurements...

a team like usf that finishes in the 50's will never ever win the big east.

there is a correlation to the teams that recruit well and their on field performance

only schools that arent in top 25 scream rankings dont matter

Louisiville is below us so they cant win either.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

please tell me why this matters to you?  you do know that these ranking systems are completely subjective and are often the product of one or two people, right?

it's not like the AP poll, in which 60+ people vote - which can remove a lot of bias.

heck, for scout, the usf board administrator had to contact the scout HQ and convince them to change a couple of rankings by sending videos and making a case... if that doesn't tell you that any ranking of recruiting classes is completely bogus, I don't know what would...

so, smazza, please tell us why it is important for USF to appear higer on some magic list of irrelevant measurements...

there is a correlation to the teams that recruit well and their on field performance

the only thing that will probably never happen is you understanding recruiting rankings.  we are ahead of UL right now.  they just won the big east.  not only is the recruiting not over, the rankings are inaccurate and not updated enough to be trusted.  people have continually documented the valid reasons for why the recruiting rankings are not accurate, yet you continue to ignore that and cling to rankings.

yeah, UF probably has a better class than us, but it's only teams that are very far apart that you can say that.  and as for the top 25, A LOT of fans complain about the fairness there, because again, it doesn't always make sense.  and those are the recruits they watch more closely.

I just don't see why you continue to ignore all the underrated players that we've had.  All the inaccuracies of recruiting rankings.  It gives you an estimate, but at least wait until signing day is over before you rail on meaningless ranking numbers.  and again, we are ahead of UL so like the person before me says they must not ever be able to win the big east again.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the only thing that will probably never happen is you understanding recruiting rankings.  we are ahead of UL right now.  they just won the big east.  not only is the recruiting not over, the rankings are inaccurate and not updated enough to be trusted.  people have continually documented the valid reasons for why the recruiting rankings are not accurate, yet you continue to ignore that and cling to rankings.

yeah, UF probably has a better class than us, but it's only teams that are very far apart that you can say that.  and as for the top 25, A LOT of fans complain about the fairness there, because again, it doesn't always make sense.  and those are the recruits they watch more closely.

I just don't see why you continue to ignore all the underrated players that we've had.  All the inaccuracies of recruiting rankings.  It gives you an estimate, but at least wait until signing day is over before you rail on meaningless ranking numbers.  and again, we are ahead of UL so like the person before me says they must not ever be able to win the big east again.

i dont ignore the underated players

it is time usf recruit with the big boys

leavitt has been here 10 years

ul just lost their head coach

if usf lost leavitt usf's ranking would be in 90s

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Well, at least you accept how good Leavitt is.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

its rare that you find a QB that is ineligable

oh really??....we already had one here

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Well, at least you accept how good Leavitt is.

leavitt has done a fantastic job

if he left it would hurt usf in short term if they didnt bring in someone that could mine talent in area

i believe leavitt will not win the big east at usf

i believe leavitt isnt that good a recruiter

i believe leavitt is a great defensive coach and motivator but terrible disciplinarian

ater 10 years,i beleive usf should be out recruiting all other big east teams and competing for a title

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Thats true.  If Culpepper could get his grades in order anything is possible.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

hard to say this but we are ok at QB with grothe and gregory

we will need  a good recruit next year to be ready when grothe leaves.

i hope we do not get back to a julmiste situation.