• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ice Bulls in the Media (+game recap)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  552
  • Days Won:  0

Before I start the Ice Bulls (14-4) won in a shoot out last night (after over time), it was 1-1 after 3 skaters and went to 5 skaters when the Ice Bulls put one in the back of the net. Goaltending kept the Ice Bulls in the game after a sluggish 1st period. Game tonight at home at 9:30pm!

---------------------------

A full page story ran on South Florida and Central Florida in Center Ice Magazine entitled "War on I-4: Who's Number 1 on Ice in Florida" The article basically talks about the strength of hockey in Florida and the rivalry between us and UCF. It includes 2 photos; both of USF players.

Center Ice is a regional magazine covering hockey in the southeast and is distributed in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, Ohio and NY.

I will post a link when center ice updates their website.

---------------------------

News crews will be filming the next 2 home Sat games in order to comply a 5 min segment that will air in Feb about the Ice Bulls! Come to the games and be loud and proud to be a Bull and get on TV!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

This is in Brandon - correct?  What's the story with admission, tickets and bringing kids?

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Just curious, I looked at the ACHA standings and it says last night's game against Embry-Ridddle counted as a tie, making the record 13-4-1. Is there a big difference or does it not matter?

-ERAU has been told by the league to correct the "tie" immediately. According to ACHA DIII policies no game shall end in a tie (like the NHL rules now). They have until game time tonight to fix it (achahockey.org -ACHA manual pg.45) ACHA recognizes our record as 14-4 with the game last night 5-4 win.

The game is in Brandon, its free with USF ID, $5 donation for everyone else. Im working at the door, so introduce yourself and the kids will be free tonight.

We will be raffling off another Lightning autographed stick tonight, 2 =$1 or 12 = $5.

Shirts still for sale $15 each (green or gray)

another win tonight making the Ice Bulls 15-4 going into the Citadel weekend next weekend.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Great job Ice Bulls!  And USF Girl, you are doing a great job keeping us up to date and promoting the team.  I am sorry if you don't get the attendance you hope for but keep fighting the good fight and hopefully it will grow.  I have told myself to attend a game but just haven't had the opportunity.  Keep up the good work.  

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Not really a hockey fan, but I went last night (helping a friend with the music for the game) and it was some pretty good fun. Everybody should think about making it out at least once if you haven't yet.