• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF v. Auburn - #7 OOC Game of the Year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I am concerned about the UConn, Cincinnati, Louisville (on the road) thing more than being full of themselves.  The WVU win was big, but the road always concerns me.

Sanjay, we play Louisville and Cincinnati at home this year.  The teams we played away in 2006 we now play at Ray Jay.

The one team we play away this year that does concern me is Rutgers, although all games are a concern.  We can not afford to become complacent.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

That would be great if the game was in the evening. But if its getting this much publicity already, TV will probably dictate what time the game is. Although, 6PM central, would fit nicely with the normal 7PM ET ESPN2 time slot.

Unfortunately, if this is picked up by TV it would be a day game. The CBS/ESPN/Lincoln Financial and SEC contract gives the 3rd weekend of football to CBS. They get the 3:30 and night slot. Lincoln Financial gets the noon slot (which can be split between 2 games).

The SEC had used this night slot for UF/Tennessee the last three years, and unless something happens I don't doubt they won't show that game again at night.

Other games that day include Louisville/UK; Arkansas/Alabama; and our game.

ESPN has no rights to any SEC game during that time as Lincoln Fiancial or CBS is airing their games, so I'd say there is very little chance of ESPN for this one.

If on National TV it will be a 3:30 CBS kickoff or more than likely a noon Lincoln Financial. There is still CSS which can pick up the 6pm slot because it is not a national telecast, that would make it available on ESPN Gameplan.

if all that is true, which I don't doubt it is, my guess is arkansas/bama at 330, and then a toss up between UK/UL and Auburn/USF with the slight edge going to USF/Auburn.  Like you said, doubt UT/UF gets bumped out of the night slot, it has been there for several years.  

on a personal note, could they have picked a worse weekend for this game?  Really, UT/UF weekend?  I had been planning on going to Gainesville for the game since this past years game ...  >:(

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

on a personal note, could they have picked a worse weekend for this game?  Really, UT/UF weekend?  I had been planning on going to Gainesville for the game since this past years game ...  >:(

TN has plenty of support already, we need you in Auburn!

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

^precisely.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

I'm all about being pumped up for the chance to play Auburn, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Auburn is going to be a possible BCS Champion contender next year.  They are a good team who year in and year out can bring in 4 and 5 star recruits and yes, we find some 2 and 3 star gems, but you are getting better talent ON THE WHOLE when you are bringing in a number of these "blue chips".  In essence, it really doesn't matter how many these big programs lose, they reload just like FSU.  FSU had 9 1st  round draft picks and others drafted last year and they'll still send 4 guys to the NFL this year.  We've only sent 4 maybe in 10 years.

So don't be surprised if we aren't the underdog by 14+ points.

With that being said, this USF team is really starting to shape up and as long as we can continue to find the George Selvie's of the recruiting world (no easy task and you need lots of them); and keep them all 4 years.  Then we should really have something in the next 2-3 seasons when he and Groethe are seniors.  I hope to be watching them both here in Mobile at the Sr. Bowl.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I'm all about being pumped up for the chance to play Auburn, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Auburn is going to be a possible BCS Champion contender next year.  They are a good team who year in and year out can bring in 4 and 5 star recruits and yes, we find some 2 and 3 star gems, but you are getting better talent ON THE WHOLE when you are bringing in a number of these "blue chips".  In essence, it really doesn't matter how many these big programs lose, they reload just like FSU.  FSU had 9 1st  round draft picks and others drafted last year and they'll still send 4 guys to the NFL this year.  We've only sent 4 maybe in 10 years.

what leads you to believe auburn will be good enough to contend for the championship?  FSU "re-loaded" to a 7-6 season.  2 of those NFL players leaving early really hurt.  auburn has several players going to NFL.

not saying it'll be easy but i'd be surprised if we were 14+ underdogs when we might be ranked as well.

oh, and you sure it wasn't 5 1st round draft picks?  2, ernie sims and cromartie, left early.  i know there were 5 defensive players in the first round which was a record from 1 school i believe.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

No one is talking about Auburn as a 07 NC contender yet.  They will be good but not unbeatable.  I would be very surprised if they are 14 point favorites, unless that is solely on name recognition.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

With that being said, this USF team is really starting to shape up and as long as we can continue to find the George Selvie's of the recruiting world (no easy task and you need lots of them); and keep them all 4 years.  Then we should really have something in the next 2-3 seasons when he and Groethe are seniors.  I hope to be watching them both here in Mobile at the Sr. Bowl.

No team losing 4 OL starters and 20+ players off of the two deep is going to gey national championship consideration. As has been stated previously in this thread...Aubum is ripe for the picking.