• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another Big East loss for Mac

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

am i surprised by these posts? NOt as i said after beating Cincy the same posters were going to be back  with the same posts.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Can you honestly watch that game tonight and say to yourself "that is some good basketball."

I grew up watching Maryland basketball with my dad. (he is an alum).  They went through a tough stretch after Len Bias' death.  This USF product on the floor reminds me of the teams at MD that use filed that went something like  4-26, 8-20, 7-21.

Then Gary Williams came in and saved the day.  Signed Kieth Booth and then Joe Smith and turned the thing around.

This team on the floor --- Its not good basketball.  Its not well coached.  Its so obvious.  

You need to listen to TJ Reeves on the radio.  You can hear it in the guys voice that this is not a well coached team.

Its just sad.  I think this team has some talent.... But the product being produced is not fluid, nor improving dramtically from year to year.  Its just stagnant and stale with a bunch of new players.

I just cant wait until this season is over so we can move on from the mess and we can find someone that can bring some life and optimisim to USF hoops.    Because it clearly is not there.

We freakin draw 2200 fans for a conference game and people in this board talk like we are improving.  

Its just totally nuts.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Awful free throw shooting tonight. I agree with Velcro that WVU had that one good run in the first half. Outside of that we played toe to toe with them. I just wish we would have switched to a zone for a bit to counter their perimeter play.

There are still games that can be won. Cincinnati lost by 1 point @Syracuse, Villanova drilled Notre Dame, so anything is possible.

aren't we supose to win 4 of 7

Louisville -loss

Cincy- win

WVU-loss

should win 3 of the next 4?

That seems a bit optimistic.. what makes you think we can win 4 of 7 in conference play?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,498
  • Days Won:  13

Awful free throw shooting tonight. I agree with Velcro that WVU had that one good run in the first half. Outside of that we played toe to toe with them. I just wish we would have switched to a zone for a bit to counter their perimeter play.

There are still games that can be won. Cincinnati lost by 1 point @Syracuse, Villanova drilled Notre Dame, so anything is possible.

aren't we supose to win 4 of 7

Louisville -loss

Cincy- win

WVU-loss

should win 3 of the next 4?

That seems a bit optimistic.. what makes you think we can win 4 of 7 in conference play?

That was a remark made by Flip before the Louisville game.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I thought Bob Wade signed Keith Booth at Maryland.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

By the way that hapless Cincy team we destroed a few days ago lost to syracuse in the dome by one point.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Bob Wade might have.  Booth was out of Dematha I believe.  Xerre Hip was another decent guy they signed.

Joe Smith was the guy that turned the whole program around though.  He got them winning some games and then in came Steve Francis the next year.

Bob Wade wasn't there very long.  I think maybe 3 years and then they hired Gary Williams from Ohio State I believe.

He came in and jump started the program right away.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  0

The inmates are running the asylum.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,498
  • Days Won:  13

where do they sell chalk?

im sure walmart has it...... I wouldn't sugest the Walmart on Fletcher near campus. You risk your life walking into that hell hole.