• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jose' Rips Administration

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ari, Jose isn't going anywhere next year, its not about money at all, he loves coaching here, he just wants more support for his team, that is it, nothing else to it.

I dunno about that... there is a school up north that is very interested in him and it would not shock me if he's coaching there next year. Not because he hates USF, but they will be willing to pay him much more than he makes here.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Joe,

What school are you talking about?

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

It starts with F and rhymes with BORIDA!  lol

...and if we let him go there it will be a travesty....

-Gurly

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Ari, Jose isn't going anywhere next year, its not about money at all, he loves coaching here, he just wants more support for his team, that is it, nothing else to it.

I dunno about that... there is a school up north that is very interested in him and it would not shock me if he's coaching there next year. Not because he hates USF, but they will be willing to pay him much more than he makes here.

From a very close source to our team I have heard the same.  

I would be very surprised if he is back here next year.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

i dont think its a matter of it being girls basketball. i m from Connecticut and every1 goes wild for UCONN girls bball team i kno my grandparents even go to the games and they have nothing to do with the university

UConn has won national championships and every year has a top 5 team.  That's the extreme case of women's basketball.

Throw in UTenn, UNC, Duke, etc.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Oh, and UT has a player that can dunk and won the high school senior dunk contest.  Granted, it didn't impress me much because I feel that the best dunks should win, not the most difficult given what sex you are.  Others may disagree or think that her dunks were better, who knows.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I thought that dunk contest was BS too. Just because she's a female who can dunk, doesn't mean her dunks were any more impressive than some of the dunks I saw in that contest

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Lower the rims to 8 feet and let the girls play in mini-skirts... you'll then have more fans. Until then... its women's hoops... should anything else be said. I was dreaming about the USF softball team during the women's basketball game. My fault.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  66

no one goes to see womens bball.  Its not a sport that draws, Dickson might not have a WNBA to goto its more than 1 BILLION in the red it ain;t good. The NBA has been floating it for years now. You can market all you want, you just won't get anyone there

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

i dont think its a matter of it being girls basketball. i m from Connecticut and every1 goes wild for UCONN girls bball team i kno my grandparents even go to the games and they have nothing to do with the university

UConn has won national championships and every year has a top 5 team.  That's the extreme case of women's basketball.

Throw in UTenn, UNC, Duke, etc.

20 years ago UCONN basketball (both Mens and ladies) was nothing.  They had zero following, and they were not that good.  You should look to programs like these as an an example of what could be and how to build them.

The point is that in Jose we have a coach that has the ability to bring us to near these levels.  it can be done!!!

15 years ago people laughed at us when we said we would have a football team.  4 years ago people would have laughed at us for saying we would be in the BE.  With a vison and the right people in place a lot can be accomplished.  I think Jose is the guy that can bring national prominence to this program.