• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brett's Blog: Amarri decided not to go the NFL...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

someone would still take a shot with him in the late rounds.  amarri has "randy moss project" written all over him.  he has the height, speed, and jumping ability to turn into a serious deep threat in the NFL.  they know he has really only been back in football for 2 years now and is no where near his full potential.

i am glad to have him back but he probably would of gotten drafted this year.  hopefully he can move up to the 3rd or 4th rounds by coming back.

No way he doesn't get drafted.  With the NFL's new rules of no hand contact after five yards teams are going after bigger receivers versus pure speed (better if they can get a guy with both), because defenses can scheme for speed, but if a corner can't touch a 6-5 225lbs receiver after five yards then they're at an incredible disadvantage.

He would get drafted just based on his size and raw potential, but it's better he returns to get bigger, stronger, and show more.  That should improve his potential.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

someone would still take a shot with him in the late rounds.  amarri has "randy moss project" written all over him.  he has the height, speed, and jumping ability to turn into a serious deep threat in the NFL.  they know he has really only been back in football for 2 years now and is no where near his full potential.

i am glad to have him back but he probably would of gotten drafted this year.  hopefully he can move up to the 3rd or 4th rounds by coming back.

No way he doesn't get drafted.  With the NFL's new rules of no hand contact after five yards teams are going after bigger receivers versus pure speed (better if they can get a guy with both), because defenses can scheme for speed, but if a corner can't touch a 6-5 225lbs receiver after five yards then they're at an incredible disadvantage.

He would get drafted just based on his size and raw potential, but it's better he returns to get bigger, stronger, and show more.  That should improve his potential.

I love Amarri and his ability, but SBien there is no way Amarri is close to 225 lbs.  If he weighs much above 205 I would be suprised.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he wouldnt have been drafted

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I love Amarri and his ability, but SBien there is no way Amarri is close to 225 lbs.  If he weighs much above 205 I would be suprised.

hahaha

yeah and i am 6 foot 4

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  254

he wouldnt have been drafted

For someone who claims to know so much about football,  you have no clue what NFL teams are looking for at WR.  

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I didn't say Amarri was 225, just saying the NFL rules are geared toward teams to have bigger receivers.  You're not even allowed to touch a receiver after five yards, but you can almost mug them within the first five- another reason for the big receiver and why you're seeing more smaller guys production slip.  This is key, because once a big receiver gets out of the blocks, and having a bigger receiver will help him get out of the blocks smoother, there is little a corner can to do impede his reception until the ball arrives and you've got to like 5-11 against 6-5.  It's the reason more TE's are leading the league in receptions and lining up wide.

Amarri isn't 225, but he is north of 210lbs right now, and has a vertical leap of over 34 inches.   It wouldn't be hard for him to add 10lbs, and the NFL probably suggested that.  But when the NFL sees 6-5, 4.5 speed, with a 35 inch vert or so they will salavate.

It should be no surprise that 5 of the top receivers in the NFL right now are 6-4 or taller.  It should also not be a shock that a few have come from no-name Universities, because the NFL is dying for that combination of size and quickness.  It's a rare commodity that fits today's NFL profile.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Bien....i agree completely, however, one exception to that is Steve Smith, but it has to do more with his quickness

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

if Larry Brackins got a shot, Amarri would too