• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt, WVU, RU, 'Cuse, & UConn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

these 5 programs are currently ranked higher than us in the recruiting rankings:

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=9&c=14&view=1&yr=2007

i think we need to start picking up the slack if we plan on winning the Big East in the next 5 yrs or so..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

these 5 programs are currently ranked higher than us in the recruiting rankings:

i think we need to start picking up the slack if we plan on winning the Big East in the next 5 yrs or so..

I wouldn't worry about that at this time. Those are not updated. Plus these rankings don't mean a thing!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  76

Pitt constantly has a top recruiting class...it hasn't translated on the field yet.  Some coaches are great recruiters but mediocre coaches (i.e. Zook @UI).  We'll be fine.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt has never done a good job recruiting

a classic underachiever

any coach at usf 10 years should fall out of bed and have the best recruiting class in big east

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

leavitt has never done a good job recruiting

a classic underachiever

any coach at usf 10 years should fall out of bed and have the best recruiting class in big east

another stupid post.  how does USF continually improve with bad recruiting?  he recruited stephen nicholas, matt grothe, the entire great team we have coming back here.  you want a high star guy count mike ford, carlton hill, andre hall, spires, etc.  

and i know people keep mentioning these things over and over, but hopefully people finally get this:  stars don't mean much.  nicholas was a 2-star and grothe was a 3 star.  1 is already going pro and the other was one of the best freshman QBs in the country last season.  i don't have time to list all of the examples.  i believe selvie was a 2-star.  was chris robinson?  yes.  one of the best freshmen DEs in the big east.  mike jenkins was a 3-star and he's going pro.  

get over the star rankings.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  113

smazza all of your 43000+ posts are nonsense. no one cares what you think

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

we could win it next season.  we have a .500 or better record against every big east team and should return the best team ever next year at USF.  there is no slack to pick up.  i'm sure there are plenty of ways to improve, but it seems that the coaches are doing a great job already.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

well seeing as how USF is competing with every other team in the country for bay area recruits I think Leavitt is doing a **** fine job....i saw somewhere that less than 10 D1 teams dont have florida boys on them...so for an average, USF is competing with say...100 OTHER SCHOOLS FOR THESE KIDS...success on the field will cause success in the recruiting department....and hey if the "big 3" are losing recruits to other out of state schools I dont get upset when USF does

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I don't believe that the star system in labeling potential recruits means squat to USF.  We have been doing very well with whatever criteria JL and staff have implemented.