• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt, WVU, RU, 'Cuse, & UConn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339
  • Days Won:  0

I don't believe that the star system in labeling potential recruits means squat to USF.  We have been doing very well with whatever criteria JL and staff have implemented.  

Exactly.  We had a good season in a solid conference last year.  Either CJL is doing a great job evaluating talent or he's doing a great job coaching with lower-level talents.  The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but you can't argue with 9-4 in the BE.  Not to mention beating LOU last year and WVU+PITT this year.

Do you really think Rivals/Scout can really evaluate all of the FL talent accurately?  CJL and Co. are around these kids year-round.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

smazza all of your 43000+ posts are nonsense. no one cares what you think

and we all care about your 7 posts

these 5 programs are currently ranked higher than us in the recruiting rankings:

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=9&c=14&view=1&yr=2007

i think we need to start picking up the slack if we plan on winning the Big East in the next 5 yrs or so..

leavitt has never done a good job recruiting

a classic underachiever

any coach at usf 10 years should fall out of bed and have the best recruiting class in big east

another stupid post.  how does USF continually improve with bad recruiting?  he recruited stephen nicholas, matt grothe, the entire great team we have coming back here.  you want a high star guy count mike ford, carlton hill, andre hall, spires, etc.  

and i know people keep mentioning these things over and over, but hopefully people finally get this:  stars don't mean much.  nicholas was a 2-star and grothe was a 3 star.  1 is already going pro and the other was one of the best freshman QBs in the country last season.  i don't have time to list all of the examples.  i believe selvie was a 2-star.  was chris robinson?  yes.  one of the best freshmen DEs in the big east.  mike jenkins was a 3-star and he's going pro.  

get over the star rankings.

we finished 4th in BE and lost to cinncinati

usf should have been a top 25 in recruits last 2 years

rutgers now out recruits usf

most of the best talent in the sport of football is in florida and leavitt has been here for 10 years

forget about the great team coming back.leavitt needs to recruit top freshman that can beat out upper classman.if he doesnt another 4th place finish is in usf's future if they are lucky.

these 5 programs are currently ranked higher than us in the recruiting rankings:

i think we need to start picking up the slack if we plan on winning the Big East in the next 5 yrs or so..

Pitt constantly has a top recruiting class...it hasn't translated on the field yet.  Some coaches are great recruiters but mediocre coaches (i.e. Zook @UI).  We'll be fine.

good point and usf will be fine if you mean middle of the pack dont compete for big east title fine

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  749
  • Days Won:  1

That's what is great about a 10 yr old program...we are doing better recruiting year in and year out, but some folks won't be happy until we keep every 4 and 5-star in-state kid

and of course stir up the nest with negativity and

multiple posts which could be summed up

with only ONE

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

leavitt has never done a good job recruiting

a classic underachiever

any coach at usf 10 years should fall out of bed and have the best recruiting class in big east

another stupid post.  how does USF continually improve with bad recruiting?  he recruited stephen nicholas, matt grothe, the entire great team we have coming back here.  you want a high star guy count mike ford, carlton hill, andre hall, spires, etc.  

and i know people keep mentioning these things over and over, but hopefully people finally get this:  stars don't mean much.  nicholas was a 2-star and grothe was a 3 star.  1 is already going pro and the other was one of the best freshman QBs in the country last season.  i don't have time to list all of the examples.  i believe selvie was a 2-star.  was chris robinson?  yes.  one of the best freshmen DEs in the big east.  mike jenkins was a 3-star and he's going pro.  

get over the star rankings.

we finished 4th in BE and lost to cinncinati

usf should have been a top 25 in recruits last 2 years

rutgers now out recruits usf

most of the best talent in the sport of football is in florida and leavitt has been here for 10 years

forget about the great team coming back.leavitt needs to recruit top freshman that can beat out upper classman.if he doesnt another 4th place finish is in usf's future if they are lucky.

you ignore my point that the players we have recruited have been underrated by the recruiting websites.  

we finished 3rd in the big east last year and only finished behind 3 top-12 teams this year.  next year we'll be more improved than the other teams, filling our greatest need at RB despite our great loss today in Keeley Dorsey.  

speaking of that need, why do you ignore a 5-star recruit in mike ford?  oh, right, because it doesn't help your point.

USF has done a fantastic job recruiting in Florida against not only the big 3 (big 4 after next season, I think we'll be better than miami, heh) but EVERY OTHER SCHOOL that recruits in Florida.  the staff has done a great job at finding underrated talent and developing them, including several NFL-caliber players that even stay for their senior year (nicolas, jenkins, and apparently amarri jackson).

Chris Robinson was one of the best defensive freshmen in the big east.  Selvie was very good himself.  Ben Moffitt led our team in tackles.  Those 3 guys were TWO STAR recruits.  STOP JUDGING OUR TEAM BY RECRUITING RANKINGS.

Pittsburgh had the highest recruiting ranking last year and went 6-6.

Most people that follow usf football can tell that our team is improving every year and probably fielded our best team ever at the end of this season.  So many players return from this YOUNG, TALENTED team in the next several years it's just sick.  We are already filling needs for 2008 where we only lose another WR, some DTs, 2 OLs, Moffitt, and CBs.  We have replacements lined up for those positions already.  We'll also have McKensie AT LEAST for that year.

Stop being so negative and look at reality.  Every media publication and computer ranking seems to agree that USF is a top-25 to top-35 team and we should have an even better team AT LEAST the next 2 years.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

smazza...have you been looking where these kids committing to Rutgers are from????????????EFFING JERSEY DUDE.....they are pullin the same florida talent (star wise) that USF is here...primarily down in Miami...but the best recruits they are getting are right in Jersey...and if those kids want to have mom and dad see them play all the time, where can they go.........Rutgers...they get the best kids in their state because they had a good year, Schiano is hot and what other college is around.....Syracuse?Buffalo?Temple?Pitt?Penn St?BC?UCONN?ARMY? we have to compete with UF,FSU,UM,UCF,UGA,GT,BAMA,Auburn,LSU,the Carolinas,etc...see my point?