• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tyson Butler Commits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is a great get!  The best part of it is he isnt taking anymore visits or anything! this weekend is huge!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

This is a great get!  The best part of it is he isnt taking anymore visits or anything! this weekend is huge!

5'11" and runs a 4.4

sounds like a possible ean randolph replacement to me  :)

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  76

5'11" and runs a 4.4

sounds like a possible ean randolph replacement to me  :)

The size and speed would be pretty good for CB also which is how Scout has him listed.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622

USF adds “The American Dreamâ€Â

Posted January 14, 2007 by Brett McMurphy

Updated Jan 14, 2007 at 05:47 PM

Thomas County (Ga.) Central WR/DB Dontavia Bogan and Fort Myers Cypress Lake RB Tyson “The American Dream†Butler verbally committed to the University of South Florida Sunday. Bogan (6-1, 185), who also considered UAB, said he will be used at wide receiver. Butler (5-11, 175) said he also considered Pittsburgh and UCF.

Butler averaged 7.7 yards a carry as a senior, rushing for 1,928 yards and 25 TDs, including 439 yards on 31 carries in a 56-13 victory against Baker. Butler said he was aware that USF added former Sarasota RB Mike Ford Friday. “It doesn’t matter,†Butler said. “It just means I have to compete.â€Â

Butler said he got the nickname “The American Dream†as an eighth-grader. Butler said he was in a store shopping with his mother and saw a shirt on the floor that said “I’m the American Dream.†“My mom picked it up and said I should be the American Dream,†Butler said. “I told her I will be the American Dream one day.â€Â

So Butler wore the shirt to the first day of classes his freshman year in high school. “The upperclassmen were like take that shirt off, you’re not the American Dream. But I never doubted myself. It worked out just fine.†Butler said he also wore the shirt to the first day of school his sophomore, junior and senior years in high school and plans to wear it his first day of school at USF this fall.

Bogan was scheduled to visit UAB next weekend, but he said he will cancel the visit. “I like the school a lot, I like Tampa, the area and the academics,†said Bogan, who had 28 receptions for 451 yards and three TDs as a senior. He also had five interceptions as a defensive back and even rushed for nearly 300 yards while playing sparingly as a quarterbac

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

RB may not be a weakness next year.

if kelly comes who redshirts?

how will ponton fit in.?

will ford win the starting job?

what about planchar?

will our o-line make holes for these guy's?

exciting times...hope the payoff shows up in wins.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

will our o-line make holes for these guy's?

Biggest question about his team next year if you ask me.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

Thanks Brett McMurphy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USF adds “The American Dreamâ€Â

Posted January 14, 2007 by Brett McMurphy

Updated Jan 14, 2007 at 05:47 PM

Thomas County (Ga.) Central WR/DB Dontavia Bogan and Fort Myers Cypress Lake RB Tyson “The American Dream†Butler verbally committed to the University of South Florida Sunday. Bogan (6-1, 185), who also considered UAB, said he will be used at wide receiver. Butler (5-11, 175) said he also considered Pittsburgh and UCF.

Butler averaged 7.7 yards a carry as a senior, rushing for 1,928 yards and 25 TDs, including 439 yards on 31 carries in a 56-13 victory against Baker. Butler said he was aware that USF added former Sarasota RB Mike Ford Friday. “It doesn’t matter,†Butler said. “It just means I have to compete.â€Â

Butler said he got the nickname “The American Dream†as an eighth-grader. Butler said he was in a store shopping with his mother and saw a shirt on the floor that said “I’m the American Dream.†“My mom picked it up and said I should be the American Dream,†Butler said. “I told her I will be the American Dream one day.â€Â

So Butler wore the shirt to the first day of classes his freshman year in high school. “The upperclassmen were like take that shirt off, you’re not the American Dream. But I never doubted myself. It worked out just fine.†Butler said he also wore the shirt to the first day of school his sophomore, junior and senior years in high school and plans to wear it his first day of school at USF this fall.

Bogan was scheduled to visit UAB next weekend, but he said he will cancel the visit. “I like the school a lot, I like Tampa, the area and the academics,†said Bogan, who had 28 receptions for 451 yards and three TDs as a senior. He also had five interceptions as a defensive back and even rushed for nearly 300 yards while playing sparingly as a quarterback.