• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your impressions of the Ford Video

Guest BasketBull.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I have seen some of the video of Mike playing post high school.  Awesome is the only word I can use to describe it.

Aside from being a big guy, he moves like I've never seen.  I saw a number of Andre Hall moves from him, but I have also seen the way he barrels right through the middle of the line, dragging players with him.

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

No RB has worn the USF colors that runs like that.  No one.

Can't wait.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

First time I have seen the videos.  Seems to have a great burst throught he hole.  Very impressive moves.  Most impressive to me is his vision.  In these clips he always seems to find the open area then just seems to blow by everyone else.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

can someone put it on youtube?

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I have to agree that I am most impressed with his vision.  It be one thing if he was gaining almost his yards by breaking poor tackles (as that will change in college), but with his quick cuts and his vision, it seemed like he was 15-20 yards down the field most of the time without a soul laying a hand on him.  After watching the video, I'll just say Im that much more excited about the upcoming football season.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Those videos are nie, but please don't put stock into one player's total ability on them. I did help film videos for a recruiting service based out of Nashville, TN...

Basically you cut all the bad out and leave in the good.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Just give us 1 or 2 runs like what I saw in the video a game and look out Big East you have your hands full.  I think we have a balanced team, now lets see if these kids can execute.  CJL is a master at the game plan and executing.  I really am excited next year, I wish we had some big programs coming to USF next year to play that were out our conference.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Those videos are nie, but please don't put stock into one player's total ability on them. I did help film videos for a recruiting service based out of Nashville, TN...

Basically you cut all the bad out and leave in the good.

I agree.

I am as excited as anyone that he is enrolled, but we should be careful how much stock we put in him based on the video. I don't doubt he has the potential to produce numbers as Andre did or perhaps even better, but he will have to learn to play at the next level. A lot of those 15-20 yard runs he had in that video would have been cut to five or so by a good 1-A defense, and not to say that is bad if consistent. The pace of the D will be significantly higher than what I saw in his clips.

However, given that he has one of the top 1-A defenses to practice with, I would hope he should be able to get well acclimated by this fall.  ;)