• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Running Back Mike Ford Admitted to USF

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

headshot:

southflorida.scout.com

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

RB Ford eligible for spring

Posted January 12, 2007 by Brett McMurphy

Updated Jan 12, 2007 at 01:33 PM

The University of South Florida received some huge recruiting news Friday when Mike Ford, one of the nation’s top running backs out of Sarasota High School in 2004, was cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse and will begin classes at USF Tuesday. Ford (6-2, 220) will participate in spring practice and will have four years eligibility at USF.

As a senior at Sarasota in 2004, Ford rushed for 2,836 yards, including a streak of 11 consecutive games with at least 200 yards. He also had 37 TDs and was named Class 5A player of the year. He signed with Alabama out of high school, but was not eligible. He kept his commitment to Alabama through last season until the firing of Coach Mike Shula.

Ford, who comes to USF from Hargrave Military Academy, joins three other incoming recruits that are eligible this spring: Bradenton Southeast defensive end David Fonua and linemen Kevin McCaskill, of Tallahassee Godby, and Jeremiah Warren, of Palm Bay. All four count toward USF’s 2007 recruiting class. The Bulls also added junior linebacker Tyrone McKenzie, who transferred from Iowa State, and is trying to get an NCAA waiver so he won’t have to sit out the mandatory transfer season and can play in 2007.  

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

Yes, maam, I got it, having said that the running back's performance this year was insulting to me, which is what I was trying to convey. To you, maybe it was nirvana, to me, putrid.  Thems the facts as I see them, Francis.

Do appreciate the ingles lesson today, though.  My apologies that your skirt got ruffled.

You took the short bus to school, didn't you?  All he's saying is that it isn't necessary to attack a group of kids to make your point.  It is both tasteless and rude to attack college kids in the manner you did.  Your responses to Sanjay after that are even worse.  Chill out.

You guys should all be wives, quit nagging style points and grow up.  Read the message, get the message and keep your Hemingwayan perspectives to yourself, because the running game sucked, that's a FACT, and your worn-out friday afternoon attempts to elevate your ****** week by pissing on my mojito just isn't working, Rosie.....

sunshinepreps.net probably has a video, but I haven't found it...

they said this about him:

Down in Sarasota, Mike Ford has grabbed many of the headlines this year, and deserved every bit of it. This kid had a rare size/speed combo with a great “wiggle” and a stiff arm that would often times leave a palm print tattooed on the defender’s forehead.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Yes, maam, I got it, having said that the running back's performance this year was insulting to me, which is what I was trying to convey. To you, maybe it was nirvana, to me, putrid.  Thems the facts as I see them, Francis.

Do appreciate the ingles lesson today, though.  My apologies that your skirt got ruffled.

You took the short bus to school, didn't you?  All he's saying is that it isn't necessary to attack a group of kids to make your point.  It is both tasteless and rude to attack college kids in the manner you did.  Your responses to Sanjay after that are even worse.  Chill out.

You guys should all be wives, quit nagging style points and grow up.  Read the message, get the message and keep your Hemingwayan perspectives to yourself, because the running game sucked, that's a FACT, and your worn-out friday afternoon attempts to elevate your ****** week by pissing on my mojito just isn't working, Rosie.....

My week has been good.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

p.s. and maybe if I"m lucky, Mrs. Blackwell will pop her head in and tell me how I'm writing in the wrong color font, he doesn't like the new NFL referee jerseys, Bush wore the wrong color socks the other night on TV, or some other freaking other value added earth shattering diatribe to make herself feel better too.......

244167m.jpg

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Great news for the team and school.  

Will he be able to academically stay up to par in order to play?

He won't be given the starting RB slot.  He will have to earn it.  (Isn't that great?  He will have to compete against Ponton, Plancher, Samuels and Williams)

Just love the fact that we have choices now!!!

GO BULLS!!!!  

No matter, we have him and it is a great day in Tampa Bay!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

p.s. and maybe if I"m lucky, Mrs. Blackwell will pop her head in and tell me how I'm writing in the wrong color font, he doesn't like the new NFL referee jerseys, Bush wore the wrong color socks the other night on TV, or some other freaking other value added earth shattering diatribe to make herself feel better too.......

I think you are thinking of Shoop.