• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Recruiting Update!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

Tonight at 6:25 on ESPN radio.  Not sure what I'm going to talk about yet, could be the current Hot/Cold list running on the website, maybe some Marve (talked to him 2 nights ago), couple guys off the board.  Not sure yet, any suggestions??

1470am  www.sportsradio1470.com

Josh Newberg

USFNation.com

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I can't believe they spent all that time on talking about Marve. That clown has no desire to come to USF. "That's not a bad school?"

Hey guys, I emailed them a couple topics before the show and one of them was "touch on the latest with Marve."  which ended up being a majority of the show.  Since I didnt get to the rest I'll post it here....

A couple of guys who are off the board are RB Gordon Warner and RB Juwan Franklin.  Those two were dropped this week by the USF staff.  We have a whole list of whos on or off the board, these two were just the latest changes.

Matt Simms, as of now, is not being recruited by USF.

Dion Lecorn, Antonio Allen and Ruddell Small had their visits cancled by the USF staff.  Due to a lack of communication and the fact that Lecorn and Allen will commit to SC next week.

All of this has been discussed on USFNation.com during the past week.

Thanks for listening!

Josh Newberg

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Since you haqve much greater knowledge then me on this and I don't think this falls into the area of insider info --  I am curious,  I feel like especially this year, many of the players we are recruiting are not showing any interest in UCF unlike previous years when UCF seemed to be on their list.  Is this accurate or am I just missing it ?

Caught the show  - How come they let Hurricane Harry or whoever he was on the air ?  Dang - should have screened him out of your segment.

To be honest there werent many recruits with UCF interest last year.  I can only name two recruits who had interest this year in UCF, one is Aaron Gresham, but he eliminated them in like september.  The other is Mike Greco and hes committed to them.

The two teams dont cross paths as much as you'd expect.  USF recruits mostly against NCST, Louisville, WVU, Pitt, Clem,  and auburn.  They dont even really recruit against FSU or UF.  

Yeah, them letting that guy on was a joke!  Im convinced Bobby did it to piss me off.  Its all in fun.  Hopefully we are going to do a live show from the Bullring on signingday.  I'll keep you all posted.

Josh Newberg

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  123

To be honest there werent many recruits with UCF interest last year.  I can only name two recruits who had interest this year in UCF, one is Aaron Gresham, but he eliminated them in like september.  The other is Mike Greco and hes committed to them.

The two teams dont cross paths as much as you'd expect.  USF recruits mostly against NCST, Louisville, WVU, Pitt, Clem,  and auburn.  They dont even really recruit against FSU or UF.  

Yeah, them letting that guy on was a joke!  Im convinced Bobby did it to piss me off.  Its all in fun.  Hopefully we are going to do a live show from the Bullring on signingday.  I'll keep you all posted.

Josh Newberg

UCF commits with USF offers

Troy Kelly

Darin Baldwin

Ereck Plancher

Mike Greco

AJ Johnson

UCF prospects with USF offers per rivals (take it for what it is worth):

Aaron Gresham.

Jeremiah Wright

Tyson Butler

Ajami Guyton

The rest of the homestead HS group that we lost to Rutgers, I believe most of them has USF offers.

I got sick of looking this up so I stopped

We also compete with Arizona State, NC State, Rutgers, WVU, Pitt, Minnesota, In State Schools. However without BCS, yes we have a harder time.

I think we will get one of our decommits back in Josh Linam, a three-star backer 1 spot behind Gresham in national rankings per rivals. Linam is actually higher on our boards than Aaron and we might have hurt ourselves in filling up to early as we may have to leave several 3-stars on the board unless they grey shirt or walk on. Right now Aaron and Josh are lower on the board than 3 of our players because Josh Linam was asked to wait and see.

As far as Gresham, here are some quotes from his articles.

1/9/2007

“Gresham, who visited Louisville on Dec. 15, has visits scheduled to UCF and USF in the coming weeks.â€Â

10/22/2006

Unofficial visits to Tampa to check out the Bulls have made an impression.

"They really like me down (at South Florida) and I've talked to all of their coaches and they are nice guys," Gresham said. "Coach Jim Leavitt seems passionate about the program. Have been down to see their facilities and they do have nice facilities. They were talking that I could come in as freshman and compete for a position."

Facilities and a relationship with the coaches have UCF under strong consideration.

"It's the same deal as USF where I like all of the coaches," Gresham said. "Their facilities are incredible. UCF has got some of the best facilities that I have seen. I've been to Florida, Alabama and Florida State. They are competing with those schools."

9/12/2006

The Bulls right now, however, are holding an extra card that could make the difference. An all-state catcher, Gresham has been offered the opportunity to make USF's baseball team if he signs with the Bulls. In addition to spending time with defensive coordinator Wally Burnham and former Lafayette teammate WR Marcus Edwards, Gresham met with new Bulls baseball coach Lelo Prado on Saturday.

"I just want the chance to make the team. If I'm not good enough to do it, that's fine, but they're willing to give me that opportunity," he said. "I don't know about the other schools except UCF, which told me flat out that I wouldn't be able to play baseball. Coach (George) O'Leary doesn't want his players focused on anything but football."