• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Robert Marve

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Robert Marve, QB, Plant: Panthers coach Bob Weiner said Marve will visit Alabama this weekend and Miami the following weekend. Options are still open, however, with South Florida, Maryland and Purdue in the mix. Alabama, where Marve originally committed over the summer, appears the frontrunner after last week's hiring of Saban.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/11/Sports/Break_out_the_ballpoi.shtml

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

Marve was just on channel 8's Sports Extra show.  He talked mostly about Alabama and that they were still the favorite.

When asked about other schools still in the running he rattled off about 8 schools, none of which were USF.  :-[

He is visiting Miami and Hawaii and has 2 visits left to use that he has not scheduled.  

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574

Here is a link to the video of the interview.

www.tbo.com/video/xml/MGBMI906YWE.html

About the only interesting thing would be if he goes to Miami... then we have the chance to smack him down in '09...

Tampa, Florida (09/26/09) Raymond James Stadium

Senior Quarterback Matt Grothe will lead the USF Bulls into a match with the Miami Hurricanes, featuring former Plant QB in junior Robert Marve. (I don't expect him to RS in Miami, their QBs are not that good).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

About the only interesting thing would be if he goes to Miami... then we have the chance to smack him down in '09...

Senior Quarterback Matt Grothe will lead the USF Bulls into a match with the Miami Hurricanes, featuring former Plant QB in junior Robert Marve. (I don't expect him to RS in Miami, their QBs are not that good).

I just caught the last few minutes of Marve talk on JP's radio show today and could have sworn that they were saying that FSU and USF were still in there with him ..... This is like Hollywood gossip stuff.   ;)

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431

Marve was just on channel 8's Sports Extra show.  He talked mostly about Alabama and that they were still the favorite.

When asked about other schools still in the running he rattled off about 8 schools, none of which were USF.  :-[

He is visiting Miami and Hawaii and has 2 visits left to use that he has not scheduled.  

I saw this clip too. If USF isn't even on his mind enough for him to remember to mention us on TV we have no chance, unless there are other factors, aside from his own preferences, which are influencing him. It appears clear that Miami is his second personal preference.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  76

I just caught the last few minutes of Marve talk on JP's radio show today and could have sworn that they were saying that FSU and USF were still in there with him ..... This is like Hollywood gossip stuff.   ;)

I caught it too. JP's sidekick was the one who said it.  It was in response to JP asking him where he thought Marve would wind up.  It sounded to me like he just hadn't read a recent article on the subject.  Neither of them know a lick about football.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I caught it too. JP's sidekick was the one who said it.  It was in response to JP asking him where he thought Marve would wind up.  It sounded to me like he just hadn't read a recent article on the subject.  Neither of them know a lick about football.

Great, thanks for bursting my bubble ...  ::)