• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Petrino Left the Lou for the Atlanta Falcons

I agree about Schnellenberger...I mean, who else?!

Norm CHow

Chow would be an outstanding pick up for the Ville... but would he leave the NFL.  He will have a chance to get an NFL starting job in a couple more years.

Norm Chow Coaching Ledger

2005-06: Offensive Coordinator, Tennessee Titans

2001-2004: Offensive Coordinator, University of Southern California

2000: Offensive Coordinator, North Carolina State

1996-1999: Asst. Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator, BYU

1990-1995: Asst. Head Coach/Co-Offensive Coordinator/QB’s, BYU

1982-1989: Co-Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks, BYU

1975-81: Wide Receivers/Recruiting Coordinator, BYU

1973-74: Grad Assistant, BYU

1970-72: Head Coach, Waialua (HI) H.S.

Although the last time he was a head coach was 34 years ago...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anthony Allen should have stayed home at USF.  

Who the hell is Anthony Allen.?

Funny. Post that he should have stayed home then log out / log back in and ask who he is.

Yea Sherlock, thats what happened.  Why change the topic of the thread?  Grow up you are talking abotu something you honeslty know nothing about.  Ask Brad if he really thinks we are the same person.  You gotta love followers.  

Brad is not the only one.

I didn't change the topic - merely pointed out that you knew who Anthony Allen was, so why ask about him.

I agree he should have stayed in Tampa - he'd probably be the USF starting RB right now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

Eh, I hear he's got an attitude problem and gets into a lot of fights

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574

This move helps the Bucs and Bulls!

Mckay makes another stupid head coaching signing.  Atlanta being in the same division = good for the Bucs.

And obviously this helps the Bulls by getting him out of our conference.

Are there any local kids that were commited to Louisville that we could steal now?

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700

Louisville coach Bobby Petrino has accepted a five-year, $24 million offer from the Atlanta Falcons to become their new coach.

Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich confirmed to ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Petrino told him about 8:30 p.m. ET that he had accepted the job and that Rich McKay, the Falcons' president and general manager, had called this afternoon to tell Jurich about the offer. Louisville sports information director Kenny Klein also confirmed the hiring.

"Bobby Petrino did a great job here at Louisville," Jurich said. "I'm proud of what he accomplished. I just wish we could have kept him longer. He will do a great job for the Falcons."

ESPN.com's Pat Forde first reported the hiring earlier Sunday night. Mortensen reported earlier that the Falcons were in deep negotiations with Petrino.

The Cardinals held a previously scheduled 9 p.m. ET team meeting at which Petrino will tell his players, the source said. ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reported that an NFL source also confirmed the hiring.

"I'm in shock right now," Louisville kicker Arthur Carmody told ESPN's Joe Schad Sunday night. "I'm about to walk into a team meeting right now. We're coming off a great Orange Bowl win and we were all thinking national championship. I didn't think this would happen. He said he enjoyed college football. He's a great coach and we're going to miss him."

An announcement from the Falcons could come Monday.

Before the season, Petrino signed a 10-year, $25 million contract with Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich. Petrino had previously interviewed with Auburn, LSU, Notre Dame and the Oakland Raiders for other jobs, but announced in August that he would be at Louisville for the long haul.

"I can't tell you how happy I am with the commitment and the confidence that Tom Jurich has in me and the university has in me," Petrino said after signing the contract. "I also wanted to make sure that everyone understood, I know I've said it, that this is where my family wants to be. This is where I want to be. I want everyone to really believe it."

Louisville had just completed a 12-1 season climaxed by their first BCS bowl victory, over Wake Forest in the Orange Bowl. Petrino's record was 41-9 at Louisville, as he elevated the program into an annual national contender.

The leading candidate to replace Petrino figures to be Tulsa coach Steve Kragthorpe, who has taken the Golden Hurricane to three bowl games in four years after taking over one of the worst programs in the country.

The Falcons moved quickly to replace Mora, who was fired just two years after leading Atlanta to the NFC championship game. The Falcons missed the playoffs the past two years, including a 7-9 mark this season.

Petrino's previous NFL experience includes three years with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including two seasons as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator in 2001. He then moved back to the college ranks, taking over as Auburn's offensive coordinator in 2002 before heading to Louisville.

ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Funny. Post that he should have stayed home then log out / log back in and ask who he is.

Yea Sherlock, thats what happened.  Why change the topic of the thread?  Grow up you are talking abotu something you honeslty know nothing about.  Ask Brad if he really thinks we are the same person.  You gotta love followers.  

I didn't change the topic - merely pointed out that you knew who Anthony Allen was, so why ask about him.

I agree he should have stayed in Tampa - he'd probably be the USF starting RB right now.

your right, i know who allen is.  Its obvious Ari does not.   You didnt change the thread but you are instigating unneccassary bs.  Get your own opinion because if you really read our posts it is obvious we are not the same person.  

"Brad is not the only one"  you missed my point. Brad KNOWS we are different people.  Its only a select few delusionals and selective readers who think otherwise.  Good luck to you in future endeavors i will go on to ignore your posts unless pointlessly directed towards me , i hope you do the same.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

your right, i know who allen is.  Its obvious Ari does not.   You didnt change the thread but you are instigating unneccassary bs.  Get your own opinion because if you really read our posts it is obvious we are not the same person.  

"Brad is not the only one"  you missed my point. Brad KNOWS we are different people.  Its only a select few delusionals and selective readers who think otherwise.  Good luck to you in future endeavors i will go on to ignore your posts unless pointlessly directed towards me , i hope you do the same.  

you use the same computer or something?  

interesting move and i'm not sure how it will effect UL or the Falcons.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291

WOW..cant believe that.. and wondering if how many players have de-committed? How about Matt Simms?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Recruiting this year may be hurt, but do you people REALLY believe that UL will go to hell in one year and USF will be a favorite for the BE title in '07 now?

They'll get someone decent for the job, Kragthorpe, Chris Peterson, etc. Whether he goes Ron Zook on the program will take a year to find out, no one is jumping off the UL bandwagon because Petrino is gone.

It does help USF down the road.