• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Q: How has USF football influenced you as a fan?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I enjoy all USF sports, but am a bigger football fan than anything else.  Hence, USF football has made me a bigger USF fan.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, I have to agree with USFMike. I am a huge football fan! But I have noticed since really getting into USF football I have been going to other sporting events as well. I went to a women's BBall game, a soccer game, and I do plan on a few baseball games as well.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

My first USF sporting event was our 1st football game ever against Kentucky Weslyean. It was my freshman year and it was amazing to see old Tampa Stadium packed to the gills with so many people. After that experience I truly fell in love with our school, so I would certainly say it influenced me as a fan. In the undergrad years, I'd go to all the football and basketball games and even some soccer games. Now because of work, it's tougher to make it to the weekday sporting events.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

I came here as a Miami fan. I liked USF and went to the games. But I would have to watch the Miami games in the parking lots. When we joined the Big East i decided that I was a Bulls fan only. I am still what you can call a casual Miami fan. But I am all Green and Gold now.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

When my son chose USF over my alma mater UF, my feeling towards the Gators practically vanished.

Watching the Bulls grow in EVERY sport is a tribute to the fans, the athletic director, the coaches, and most importantly the players who commited to becoming Bulls.

Cheering for a team that you only want to see improve is way better than cheering for a team that must win every game to satisfy its fans.

In that, the Bulls have delivered!

With that being said, I'm looking forward to the near future when most of our teams will be expected to win every game.

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  808

Im in the same boat with Economics_Nerd82.  

In pulling for an underdog football program to be recognized as the 'big time', one inadvertantly becomes a proponent of -not just football - but the school as a whole.

If USF had no football program, I would take little interest in the school other than simply trying to get classes over with, get the degree, and put the school in the rearview mirror.

But as it stands now, I...

...spend hundreds per year on merchandise.

...attend all football games that Im able to.

...have discovered basketball! Im starting to attend games regularly

...actively promote USF wherever I go, to whoever I talk to

...have taken an active interest in the academic ranking of the school

...have started making annual contributions to both athletics and the College of Government and Int'l Affairs

...make an effort to support local businesses which support USF

...am considering grad school at USF because I dont want to dilute my sports team loyalties!!! (wife thinks Im crazy)

I think it's probably a similar story for many of you. As far as Im concerned, football is the best thing to ever happen to USF. Ultimately, it will improve the entire university and the university's image both academically and athletically.

-Griggsy

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

I am a USF FootBULL Fan ... came when they announced the hire of Leavitt.

All of my efforts are for the football program, although I have donated small amounts to Cheerleading, The Ice Bulls and HOT.

Maybe when my daughter grows up and wants to attend a university in the states(she will grow up only knowing about USF) and she played a sport.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461

I've been to one basketball, one soccer, and one baseball game... And every football home game. I support our other teams, but I've always loved football first.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  37

I went to a few basketball games when I went to USF, but had not attended a USF sporting event until football arrived. I have had season tickets since the start and am a huge college football fan. As far as USF gear, this Christmas I purchased six USF shirts and I received a USF watch as a gift. If it were not for USF football, this would not have happened. USF football has had a huge impact on me and has made me feel much more a part of USF.