• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's the chances of Signing Marve from Plant?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

How can anyone say anything about Tebow's passing ability.  Didn't he own every single state passing record on the books - before Marve came along?  Didn't he throw like 50 TD passes his senior year.?  Tebow wasn't given the chance to throw the ball this year... they had a senior QB who could do that.  Nobody is starting ahead of Tebow in Gainesville.  The fan base has been waiting 2 years to see this guy play.

As for Marve.. if you look at statistics, very few QB's ever start before their junior years...

I think USF could be a great fit.  He would never really have to worry about being bumped out of the hier if he performs like he is supposed too.  Plus Grothe has a knack for getting hurt.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

The correct answer is:

i said this months ago

You also said months ago that we were in trouble again at QB ... have faith  8-)

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385

I think we have a good shot at getting him. Does that I’m saying it’s a lock or a high percentage…no. All I’m saying is we have as good a shot as a lot of other programs. The reason is Grothe may be injured and that gives him a chance to step in. Some may say Voss will step in but if they both come, one will be redshirted to separate them like c hill and Grothe were separated. Voss has a lot of work to do to be a college passer. Marve is more advanced and I’m sure the coaches will bend over backwards to do whatever they can to get him playing time and would treat him better than any other program will. Our program is on the rise will others are on the decline. I’m sure he likes the prospect of being on a top 25 team and be a hometown hero (senior year or when Grothe is injured) then go away to an uncertain future.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I don't think he comes to USF unless this is the only place he wants to be. You cannot compare the Brantley/Florida sitaution because Florida is a top program that is in the top 5 of alums in the NFL.

However, landing him would be a major step for this program!

Would be the biggest recruit we have signed if we got him.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The correct answer is:

i said this months ago

a top qb is not going to sit 3 years at usf behind grotheeee

Only two years if he Redshirts.  Most QBs sit for two years at big time programs. FSU got two huge QB recruits in the same year two years ago.  Competition doesn't scare competitors, only those who are afraid they aren't good enough.

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  563

USF has a great chance.I cant tell you guys how I know what I know but its between two  teams as of today.One is USF and one is not MIA.Take it for what its worth.

I believe you.  My feeling is that this kid wants to stay to close to home and in a place he knows he will eventually play.

Marve would be a stud recruit.

Need the beat writers to get on this one.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We would have beaten FSU this year, if the game was played later in the year.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  188

I talked with Marve twice last week....Put up a couple stories on our conversations.  But as far as new "news" goes, there wont be any for a atleast another week or so.  He's in San Diego right now for the rest of the week visiting a sick family member.  As soon as he comes back he plays in an All Star game in Ft Lauderdale.  Then the visits start!  

There will be plenty of drama leading up to Feb 7th, but not too much in the next 7-10 days.

Josh Newberg