• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Men's Basketball To Face UAB Wednesday Night

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

Courtesy USF SID Office

USF Men's Basketball To Face UAB Wednesday Night

The University of South Florida men’s basketball team continues its busy month of December with non-conference road action against UAB on Wednesday night.  Following the matchup with the Blazers, the Bulls will return home to host Wake Forest at the St. Pete Times Forum on Dec. 29 and Bethune-Cookman on Dec. 31 in the Sun Dome.  The new year will bring departure a day later for the BIG EAST opener at nationally ranked Connecticut on Jan. 2.

USF-UAB Matchup Familiar To Fans

Wednesday’s game at UAB will mark the 55th meeting between the two schools in men’s basketball, the most against any single opponent in USF’s program history.

The Blazers currently own an all-time series advantage of 35-19, including victories in each of the previous seven contests.  A majority of the meetings have come in league play.  Both of the teams were members of the Sun Belt and Conference USA for an extended period of time.

Former conference foe Charlotte (53 meetings) is next on the list of familiar opponents.

Gransberry Grabbing Rebounds

Since becoming eligible for action four games ago at the Duel In The Desert, junior center Kentrell Gransberry has been a force on the boards at both ends of the court.

Gransberry has reached double figures in boards in three of his four outings, including a 17-carom effort against UNLV.  With 47 rebounds already in his possession, he owns more than five USF regulars who have played all season and a total of nine players on the roster.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make it 36-19 all time.

I hope you deservedly got coal yesterday..   ;)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  73
  • Days Won:  0

UAB has also played no other opponent more than USF.  I expect it to be maybe a close game.  UAB has less depth than usual and alot of young players.   Still, UAB has a lot of talent and has a 17-game home winning streak.  UAB just doesn't really lose often at home.  I think UAB has won somewhere like 84% of its home games in history at Bartow Arena.  

UAB- 71

USF- 65

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,498
  • Days Won:  13

dont worry about the Bulls we are not a force.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

UAB in 28 years of basketball...

-13 NCAA Appearances

-3 Sweet Sixteens

-1 Elite Eight

-6 Conference Titles

-25th All-time winningest program (CUSA though, not that big of a deal)

See even programs that dont spend much money and dont have huge names have accomplishments.  If Mike Anderson was still their coach it would be a blowout but since he is no longer they will just win.  Go Bulls, prove me wrong for once.  

...the same few jump at every opportunity to comment negatively about a program.

For my own research, breastfed or formula?

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Negative??? What are you talking about?  My point is we dont need lots of money to accomplish things.  All we need is good direction and a good coach (look at UAB when the had mike anderson).  I didnt have much faith in mac when we hired him but I gave him a chance, same I will do with the next guy.  We should have replaced our prior terrible coach with at least a decent coach, not a worse one.  

The real problem is when you post a basketball thread everyone comments negative, your going to have to deal with it instead of defending it.   I do not feel bad for wanting to get rid of a guy who failed miserably since the day he walked through the sundome doors.  Sorry

ps  Im a breast feed kind of guy.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,672
  • Days Won:  424

I do not feel bad for wanting to get rid of a guy who failed miserably since the day he walked through the sundome doors.

See, it's this kind of ignorant statement that make knowledgable basketball people just shake their head and laugh at you and yours... If you objectively break down his three years here, you'd see how stupid that statement is ... But there again, I know you do most of this stuff just to get a rise out of the pro Mac people in here and can't honestly believe some of the stuff you write. Problem is, some of your more impressionable, younger brethren actually believe it ...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  114

I just want to see a winner.

UAB has a very SOLID basketball program for the type of university it is.

An urban, second fiddle university to the other big two in the state, with a great medical school..

So similar -- its odd.

But the basketball programs are far from similar.