• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Jenkins - please stay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

Jenkins needs to stay for his senior year.  Think of all the publicity he will get along with Trae Williams next year.  Those 2 corners will be hyped just like our Linebackers were this year.  Both might be first team pre season all Big East (if Revis from Pitt goes pro).  That could mean big $$$$ in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Also, Jenkins could really use another year to get better.  He needs more experience.  He shouldn't take those bad pass interference penalties, like he did against ECU.  He improved a lot this year and if he continues, he will be awesome.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

2 words: Shurron Pierson.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  68

Many of the calls against Mike were crap.  I watched the replay, and there was contact both ways and some real ticky tack calls.  Also this is college not the NFL you can make contact after 5 yards. I heard Andre Ware say something about touching after 5 yards.  You can do that all you want as long as the ball is not in the air.  I hope Mike stays too, but the chances of that are slim to none.  Sorry.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think Jenkins is pretty much gone.  I wish he would stay also, but don't see it happening.

Took a look at the Yahoo.com sports page and there is a listing of underclassmen players that have sent in paperwork to the NFL requesting a draft grade.  Trae Williams and Amarri Jackson are on  that list as well.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

He could also get hurt and lose a lot of $$$.  As much as I want every Bull to stay till their Sr year I wouldn't want them to risk injury and wealth for one more season of football.  Let the kid realize his dream as soon as he can, he deserves it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

Would not be good to lose BOTH corners  :P

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Jenkins needs to stay for his senior year.  Think of all the publicity he will get along with Trae Williams next year.  Those 2 corners will be hyped just like our Linebackers were this year.  Both might be first team pre season all Big East (if Revis from Pitt goes pro).  That could mean big $$$$ in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Also, Jenkins could really use another year to get better.  He needs more experience.  He shouldn't take those bad pass interference penalties, like he did against ECU.  He improved a lot this year and if he continues, he will be awesome.

where would he go???

he had better stay

he might get drafted in last couple of rounds

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Would not be good to lose BOTH corners  :P

usf needs to upgrade at both corners in any event(if usf wants to compete for a big east title in next 4 years)

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  356

Jenkins should stay - teams will not hesitate to release a late round pick who has been performing at a "marginal" level.  The same performance from an early round pick will stay on based on "potential".  Bouncing from practice squad to practice squad is a reality.  Just look at Andre Hall.  He was considered a top 10 RB by some, and look at the rough road he has faced.  

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

If he he gets a recommendation from the NFL draft committee that he has a good chance of going the first day then I would absolutely say go ahead.  If they come back and say he probably wouldn't go until the later rounds, he is much better coming back for another year.  He has a real chance of being a first day pick next year.  he may even have the chance to get the publicity of being spotilighted nationally of being one of the top CBs in the country.  The wait could mean a hell of a lot more money to him next year.  I would really hate for him to declare for the draft and then end up like Greg Lee.  If he stays, I think he wil be the highest player we have ever had taken.

I guess we have to wait to see what happens after the bowl season, but other than Jenkins, Jackson and Williams, Urrutia and Revis are the only other BE players on that list.