• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

As you can see from the pisture above, some went to the game with that mentality.  You can't say ECU fans started it when you bring a sign like that.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I noticed this doesn't happen so much with our northern or urban-based opponents. But our fans need to stop treating these road trips like three-day benders.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

Look, you are making it sound like this was the norm. It was a few idiots, again from both schools, the overwhelming majority of fans from both schools were fine.

If that what it comes off as, that isn't my intent.  I know it's not the majority.  It's still enough to taint the image of our fanbase.

IMG_4920.JPG

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Shameful.  And I'll bet it will be in the recap of the game in one of our local newspapers...

"USF reaching level of Big 3 with homophobic references and mention of 'nuts'"

:)

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

I completely agree...I went on facebook to an ECU group where USF fans were actually joining just so they could bash their fans. I yelled at everyone and told my friends they should be ashamed of themselves. Besides, that "gay" sign just makes us lookl uneducated, and as if our fans can't think of anything more clever.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

Seasons greetings...

You guys are mostly preaching to the choir.  The ones you're talking about are still drunk as we speak.  

It sucks - but you may want to let it go for about 30 years.  Ever notice that fans are this way at EVERY young school?  It's the same at USF as it is at UCF.  It's not as bad at FSU and it's even less of a problem at UF.

When you get out of the state it's almost completely "gone."

Think of it like this - you don't act the same way at a frat party as you do when you're at church.  The median age of fans at a UCF or USF game is closer to that of a frat party while the median age at most SEC games are closer to that of church...the respect thing instinctually kicks into gear.

The students at SEC and BIG 10 schools are usually just as bad, they just don't make up as big of a percentage of the crowd so it doesn't reflect on visiting fans overall experience...unless you get seated in the wrong section.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

Seasons greetings...

You guys are mostly preaching to the choir.  The ones you're talking about are still drunk as we speak.  

It sucks - but you may want to let it go for about 30 years.  Ever notice that fans are this way at EVERY young school?  It's the same at USF as it is at UCF.  It's not as bad at FSU and it's even less of a problem at UF.

When you get out of the state it's almost completely "gone."

Think of it like this - you don't act the same way at a frat party as you do when you're at church.  The median age of fans at a UCF or USF game is closer to that of a frat party while the median age at most SEC games are closer to that of church...the respect thing instinctually kicks into gear.

The students at SEC and BIG 10 schools are usually just as bad, they just don't make up as big of a percentage of the crowd so it doesn't reflect on visiting fans overall experience...unless you get seated in the wrong section.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation for unreasonable behavior.  BTW, your fans grew up tremendously in one year, as the misbehavior I witnessed in Tampa was nowhere to be found in Orlando.  I hope ours grow up, too.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I want someone to explain to me why our fans would go to the ECU section during the game and taunt them with homophobic slurs and make general asses out of themselves?

Please, I'd really like to see a good reason for this.  Is this the kind of reputation we want to have?

For those of you that participated in this, you should be ashamed.  You want respect as a football team and a school.  You're not going to get it this way.

cant blame me for this one