• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance at bowl game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

It's quality, not quantity! We were by far the louder section. We were louder before the game even started... didn't you guys hear us when our flag landed?!

That being said, the bowl game does want quantity.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Andy... many Bulls were inside restaurants/bars.

ECU fans were more outside (i.e. Dave's).

Didn't we also have a planned event on that night, besides Jim-N-Nicks?

I remember how last year, you could argue that we had more fans out on the streets during the festivities.  Obviously, that was not the case in the stadium during game day.

But I agree there were plenty of green and gold in 5 points.  We held our own inside rather than outside.

For example, when I went to the Ruby Tuesdays... I saw more USF fans than ECU fans.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Does it really matter who had more fans in the stands?  To me it is very simple, our fans were as supportive of the team as you could want.  We were present for a USF first.  

Although it would have been nice to be able to have more fans there, we did make a presentable showing.

Think about it for a moment, we have what???? About 17,000 season ticket holders right now at Ray Jay?  5,000 is a fair representation for that number of home game ticket holders.

Nevertheless, I am very pleased with where we are now, and anticipate more as the program progresses.

GO BULLS

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461

ECU had fans for the most part only at Dave's... You know, where the fights broke out. USF had them mainly at 5 Points Grill, Ruby Tuesday's, and the Mellow Mushroom (which actually had some ECU fans too). I saw tons, wasn't worried about attendance just about avoiding the crowd at Dave's.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3

Just wondering    

If there were 32k at the game, how many of them were USF fans?  Seeing that most USF fans think that the turnout was about even, that means that USF must have brought 15k fans right?  I was on the field and had a different perspective of the turnout from both teams.  It may have been loud in the USF section, but you couldn't hear anything on the field  including either band.  Sorry but this is a huge stadium and 5k fans aren't going to sound loud  in that stadium.  The ECU fans were louder at the beginning of the game, but after getting their buts kicked in the first minute of the game didn't have much to cheer about.  Good turnout by the Bulls but imho ECU 8-10k(At least 1500 on the other side), USF 5-6k.  

Bulls were the better team by far, and ECU was fortunate that the starting QB was out in the second half or it would have been a total blowout.  

• Topic Count:  962
  • Content Count:  9,762
  • Days Won:  9

It was a total blowout anyway.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

in this computer age,we cant get an exact figure

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

It was a total blowout anyway.

i thought usf would have had 50 points easily

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  90

ECU out drew us by a few thousand at least...and had a pretty good number of people on the opposite side of the field as well...but that being said, our turnout was pretty good. I'd call it a success.

I agree they had more on the main side and across the stadium they had a bunch of fans while we had 5 or 6 holding the old goat flag

The ones holding the OLD Goat Flag was Friends of BuLLstailgating.com.. thanks to them we( Fans )stood out on that side...

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Just wondering    

If there were 32k at the game, how many of them were USF fans?  Seeing that most USF fans think that the turnout was about even, that means that USF must have brought 15k fans right?  I was on the field and had a different perspective of the turnout from both teams.  It may have been loud in the USF section, but you couldn't hear anything on the field  including either band.  Sorry but this is a huge stadium and 5k fans aren't going to sound loud  in that stadium.  The ECU fans were louder at the beginning of the game, but after getting their buts kicked in the first minute of the game didn't have much to cheer about.  Good turnout by the Bulls but imho ECU 8-10k(At least 1500 on the other side), USF 5-6k.  

Bulls were the better team by far, and ECU was fortunate that the starting QB was out in the second half or it would have been a total blowout.  

You forgot the Locals.  And there couldn't be 8-10k ECU fans.  They only sold 6500 tickets to our 5,100.

It's in the paper.