• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how do you know usf  football is 10 yrs old?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

well...

when the headsets goes out in the second half, a coach comes up into the stands to ask if

anyone has binoculas so they can spot the offensive signals from the booth.

an older gentleman gave up his pair for the team. if someone know his name we should buy him a replacement pair.

(that pair of binoculas should be put in the usf football museum)

now that is a classic "were you there when?"

this is a priceless event at my first bowl game!

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Doesnt surprise me that something went wrong in that dump of a stadium.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

First time in the stadium it was running out of drinks on a sweltering afternoon, this time headsets go out.  Hopefully we never have to return to Legions field.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

LOL ... they were commenting about that on TV ... St. Louis was looking up into the pess box.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

HILARIOUS!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

with the exception of the headset issue, the stadium appeared to be in better condition than before

however I did hear reports of extremely long waits for concessions (understaffed) and that they did run out of water again-- with a significantly smaller crowd.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

LOL I think it's more like "how you know that Legion Field is 100 years old and should be condemned!"

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

with the exception of the headset issue, the stadium appeared to be in better condition than before

however I did hear reports of extremely long waits for concessions (understaffed) and that they did run out of water again-- with a significantly smaller crowd.

not only did they run out of bottled water, but i had to pay $3.50 for a styrofoam cup with tap water in it.  it was either that, or die of dehydration.  now that i realize i paid 3.50 for tap water, i wish i wouldve just dehydrated.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63

I was sitting on the aisle when the USF assistant comes walking up the stands asking for binoculars. He literally walks up to this gentleman and asks if he could use his binoculars. It was a classic. The guy was so surprised he said yes. I've been involved with college football for over 30 years and never saw anything like it in a situation like that. I am sure if the gentleman would call the football office they will be glad to return his binoculars. And this is also what makes it so great to be a part of USF football - the fans are not absolutely spoiled and arrogant like all of the Big Three. I guess it is inevitable but it sure is nice that the USF fans really appreciate what is happening with the program. At least those that realize what's happening, the evolution of a nonexistant sports program into the big leagues in less than a decade. Phenomenal.