• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official Bash Brett Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

In today's Trib,

Even Orlando Sentinel columnist Mike Bianchi, who called USF a "renegade program" earlier this year, is a believer.

"I don't think there's any question USF is the second-best team in the state this season," Bianchi said. "Not only that, I think they have the best chance of any team in the state of going to a BCS bowl next year.

"Miami and Florida State will be going through massive offensive transitions next year. Florida loses its quarterback and most of its star players. The Bulls have the nucleus of a bowl team returning, they have the most exciting quarterback in the state and they get Louisville and West Virginia at home."

Bianchi said the Bulls are quickly closing on UF, FSU and Miami.

[highlight]"Well, with all the drug suspensions and academic casualties, the Bulls are well on their way to being a big-time college football program," Bianchi said. [/highlight]

:wtf

I have had no problem with what Brett has written in the past, but know many of you have been very upset. Well, today changed it all. There is no reason for that last quote to be put in this article. It gives the casual fan a false impression of our Beloved BULLS.

I urge you to send your comments to Brett on his blog where fans can read and we can give the truth.

Please don't just call him names, be adults and just voice your displeasure.

STAMPEDE !!!

Welcom to this side of the fence E.T.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

Who cares?  All programs have suspensions and kids that don't meet academics, even the service academies.  Why are we so concerned with saying that USF is above such things.  It is a fact of life.  It is unrealistic to expect a program not to have such things happen.  If you believe that USF is above UF, USC, Texas, ND, FSU, Miami or the rest of the BCS, you are living in a Marshmallow World.  USF is no better or worse than any other BCS program in regards to academics, suspensions, or player dismissals.  Most importantly, there is nothing wrong with that.  Great season!!!!  Totally beat expectations.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I think Brett was trying to make Bianchi look more like a negative critic for USF.

Orlando Sentinel columnist Mike Bianchi, ... is a believer

Not with this comment.

The average fan that may have become more interested in USF football after the WVU game may have read the paper before the game and thinks that Bianchi is telling the truth.

"Well, with all the drug suspensions and academic casualties, the Bulls are well on their way to being a big-time college football program," Bianchi said.

Just to try and clear up my thoughts on the subject for those that do not read what I wrote and come to a conclusion to think they are the only rational fan ...

I don't or ever had a problem with Brett. I love the fact that we have a major market with 2 newspapers with great coverage.

I may be a bit personal when it comes to defending my beloved BULLS, but the placement of the quote in the article gave it credibility to an average fan - which we desperately need.

As stated, I still get in chats about our scheduling of Buffalo and WVU and that we can't get better by playing them. And with 3 of the emails I got today with congrats on the win, they also asked what else happened? ... they knew about the suspensions and dismissals, but wanted to know what else.

The average fan doesn't know who the Toon Town Idiot is and his "humor".

Posted by: RMF5630 Posted on: Today at 9:46am

Who cares?  ...  Why are we so concerned with saying that USF is above such things.

I guess I just don't want people that may be thinking of supporting the Bulls in any way be swayed by a lie.

...the Bulls are well on their way to being a big-time college football program...

"drug suspensions and academic casualties" are not the reason why USF is progressing on a record level to being a top program. It is from coaching, recruiting, and fan support along with the inclusion of the BCS tie in and the Big East which was largely due to "coaching, recruiting, and fan support" not "drug suspensions and academic casualties".

Merry Christmas and GOD Bless

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

im with you ET I for one im tired of brents articles even when he mentions the bulls in a good light (which is very rare need I remind you of the daily updates of the brian fisher story that went on a year or more after he was no longer with the team) its a backhanded complement

once my subscription ends with the trib Ill be going with other newspaper

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

In today's Trib,

Even Orlando Sentinel columnist Mike Bianchi, who called USF a "renegade program" earlier this year, is a believer.

"I don't think there's any question USF is the second-best team in the state this season," Bianchi said. "Not only that, I think they have the best chance of any team in the state of going to a BCS bowl next year.

"Miami and Florida State will be going through massive offensive transitions next year. Florida loses its quarterback and most of its star players. The Bulls have the nucleus of a bowl team returning, they have the most exciting quarterback in the state and they get Louisville and West Virginia at home."

[highlight]"Well, with all the drug suspensions and academic casualties, the Bulls are well on their way to being a big-time college football program," Bianchi said. [/highlight]

:wtf

I have had no problem with what Brett has written in the past, but know many of you have been very upset. Well, today changed it all. There is no reason for that last quote to be put in this article. It gives the casual fan a false impression of our Beloved BULLS.

I urge you to send your comments to Brett on his blog where fans can read and we can give the truth.

Please don't just call him names, be adults and just voice your displeasure.

STAMPEDE !!!

et-tell us what your real beef is with brett

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

Leavitt hates him because he threw EC under the bus.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Sooooo....he's making the same joke we've all made at some point?

"You know, we're only one or two felonies away from being a championship team".

It's humor...it's witty..it's there to get a rise. Not every single solitary key-stroke

that hits the  keyboard is meant to be taken literally. While you may bow and

scrape at the altar of USF, the "casual fan" is also 'casual' about what gets

written about the Bulls. They don't scour the sports page for every two-line

blurb about USF. Casual is as casual does.

Take the rest of the day off. 8-)