• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF improves

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

NOT!!!  We are still losing to the same poor teams from conferences like the Southland and Atlantic 10 and needing two overtimes to beat stetson, an Atlantic Sun Conference Team.  We have not improved at all from last year.  A big deal was made of us matching last year's win total.  Big deal. we got 6 wins last year by this time, we have 7 now.  We won 1 game after Dec. 23 last year.  So we got all of our wins during Nov/Dec both last year, and so far this year.  Let's see how many we win after Dec. 23 this year.

Our attendace is going to get worse and worse.  The AD should be answering questions as to why he is letting this program go down the toilet.  Anyone with half a brain can see this program is not going in the right direction.

I wonder if the heat is put on crm again this year, if AD DW will make a mid year support statement of crm?  I doubt it.

NOT!!!  We are still losing to the same poor teams from conferences like the Southland and Atlantic 10 and needing two overtimes to beat stetson, an Atlantic Sun Conference Team.  We have not improved at all from last year.  A big deal was made of us matching last year's win total.  Big deal. we got 6 wins last year by this time, we have 7 now.  We won 1 game after Dec. 23 last year.  So we got all of our wins during Nov/Dec both last year, and so far this year.  Let's see how many we win after Dec. 23 this year.

Our attendace is going to get worse and worse.  The AD should be answering questions as to why he is letting this program go down the toilet.  Anyone with half a brain can see this program is not going in the right direction.

I wonder if the heat is put on crm again this year, if AD DW will make a mid year support statement of crm?  I doubt it.

I hope so.  I think CRM deserves a 5-year extension with a raise.  Woolard should give him a pre-conference-season statement of support.  This program is going like a rocket in the right direction - up, up, up. (Hard to go any other direction).

::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  :P

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Of course DW will not.  He will just ignore the program and hope noone talks about it and eventaully it goes away, just like he did last year, until he had to comment about the huggins thing.  He cannot admit he made a huge mistake, what did we think was going to happen?  Capko would turn into an all BE player, our transfers actually left their programs because usf was great and for no other reason.  It is inevitable mac will be fired it should have just been done last year when we had people salivating over our position, which seemed to be an open position in everyones mind but usf's and the usf-bots.  We need someone with lots of charisma and someone who is up to challenge of building a program.  

I have heard from people connected to usf athletics that the guy has a personality of a rock.  It's a shame that the ad, who promised when he was hired that he would improve the bball program has let it fall even further into the toilet.  Just look at the attendance of the past 4 years and you can see how many people care about usf bball.  I am a huge fan of usf, and want more then anything to be able to be competitive in the be, but its clear that is not happening under crm.  Many other have come to that realization as well, while others are at the same point I was 3-4 years ago, full of hope, wearing the green and gold goggles, but I have taken them off, and see whats really going on.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

FWIW, the Atlantic 10 is a great league.

Particularly in football.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

It's a shame that the ad, who promised when he was hired that he would improve the bball program has let it fall even further into the toilet.  

FWIW, Doug Woolard was not here when McCullum was hired.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

And with the ticket price increase, you sure are not going to get the casual fan.  

Exactly, which is why dw should be held directly responsible for this hire.   President Genshaft hired DW to be a leader, not a lame duck.  He needs to step up and can crm.  If he doesn't she should look at finding someone who can make tough decisions like that.  If crm was a salesman, and performed the way he has, he would either be fired or dw would be fired for not firing crm.