• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can someone help me out on driving directions??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

I have the 75 to atl to 20 way but I am hearing the other way is better I think it is 75 to 231 to 65 or something can someone post the directions for this way please... thanks...!!

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I was originally going 75 to 20 but have changed as well.  I think the best route is I-75 to I-10 to 231 (up through Dothan and Montgomery) and then to I-65 arriving at the southeast end of Bham.  You'll should pass by Legion Field on the way to the hotel.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

From Lakeland?

Take I-75 to I-10, to 231, to I-65.

OR

98 to 19 to I-10 to 231...

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

I was originally going 75 to 20 but have changed as well.  I think the best route is I-75 to I-10 to 231 (up through Dothan and Montgomery) and then to I-65 arriving at the southeast end of Bham.  You'll should pass by Legion Field on the way to the hotel.

I don't know about that.  that's how you get to Troy State and it was real slow on 231.  It's a nice 4 lane road through Montgomery that I know of, but there are many small towns with cops and lights.  Just my take.

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Flipper:

Take the I-10 to 231 route.  231 is a nice four lane highway.  Yes, the Gen. is right, you must slow down for the towns (especially Ozark, AL), but between towns it is a 65 mph highway.  When you get to Montgomery, you turn left on South Blvd. and it will take you straight out to I-65.  We take this route down from Illinois every year for the holidays.

I also recommend that those going this way from Tampa area consider taking the new Suncoast Parkway toll road to Brooksville and take 19 north to Monticello.  It chops off a big chunk of I-10.

Normal

I don't know about that.  that's how you get to Troy State and it was real slow on 231.  It's a nice 4 lane road through Montgomery that I know of, but there are many small towns with cops and lights.  Just my take.

As opposed to the nations 4th worst traffic in Atlanta??

U.S. 231 is just less than an hour past Tallahassee on I-10.  It runs North through Dothan ("Doe-thaan") Alabama, then turns NNW through Troy to Montgomery. In Montgomery, follow signs for I-65 North.

Now, US 231 is not a limited-access highway and there are a few small towns along the way.  However, it will depend on when you leave.

If you leave Lakeland any time after, say, 8:00am - DO NOT go through Atlanta.  You will spend at least an hour if not more in rush hour traffic there.  Remember, this is the last work day before the holiday so A LOT of people will be getting out of work early in the Big Peach.  I would expect that traffic will start to back up sometime around 3:00pm.

It will be interesting to hear stories of which direction people took at Dreamland friday night.

Just a quick thought here, and maybe a waste of time.

Map-quest from your hotel to Dreamland, Five-Points, Legion Field or anywhere else you may need/want to go.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

Maybe you should just fly  ;)

and i thought you were going to give us directions from you house!

GO BULLS!