• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It must kill a coach's sense of pride to have to

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

why should that be appropriate to this arguement?  The arguement is that hes not an adequate coach and its time for a change.  When you have a girlfriend thats not working out do you stay with her just because you cant think of anyone off hand thats better that you have a realisitc shot with?  No you kick her to the curb and check out the other fish in the sea.

Actually, you should never kick the current girlfriend to the curb until you have the next one locked up/sealed deal unless she's an absolute crazed maniac.  Anyway, piss and moan away all you want D'siders.  CRM will finish the season no matter how much you complain or call for his head.  AD D-Dub will do what he's gotta do after the BE tourney.  If you want CRM gone root for a losing season.  If you don't care if he stays, root for 15 wins on the season and a min. of 9 OOC wins before Jan.  It's actually that black n white.

hey, easy on the race card there.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

It's not the loss that I'm taking hard.....it's the consistently poor play against inferior teams.

It was just as bad under Seth as well.

The only difference is that Coach McCullum has beaten Top 25 teams and we actually have a chance against most of them, which wasn't the case under Seth.

Listen, last night sucked, but I don't see how this can ruin what should be a nice turnaround season. Look at what just happened to Syracuse at home tonight. I doubt they're giving up on the season.

Have a little faith please.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369

Hate to see you on the other side, Omini.

So be it... So be it...

I repeat: THIS WILL BE A VERY GOOD SEASON OF USF MEN'S BASKETBALL!

I think the quote I kept reading from someone (probably not you) was that the Bulls would suprise a lot of people this year.. maybe so, they have already suprised me

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

South Florida Flip said it best in that Seth didnt beat any top 25 teams in all his years at USF while McCullum has beaten his share of top 25 teams in his short term at USF. Put coach McCullum in a weak division of the C-USA like Seth had it then you would have a few NIT teams under coach Mac as well. If I had to pick between Seth and Mac, it would be Mac.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

"It was just as bad under Seth as well.

The only difference is that Coach McCullum has beaten Top 25 teams and we actually have a chance against most of them, which wasn't the case under Seth.

Listen, last night sucked, but I don't see how this can ruin what should be a nice turnaround season. Look at what just happened to Syracuse at home tonight. I doubt they're giving up on the season.  

Have a little faith please. "

You know what... this comment is such bull****. When were Seth's teams ever this altrocious? Seth teams lost to Top 25 teams because the other teams actually prepared for a good caliber squad (they respected the players on Seth's team). When we play a Top 25 team now, we are looked at as a cupcake on their schedule, and call it lack of preparation on the better team's part, RMC sometimes sneaks out a win.

How does Seth have an above .500 record at USF, yet RMC can't even sniff the back side of a dog's ass because .500 is so far away. I want RMC to do well, but when you constantly slander a coach who is four years removed when the other coach is greatly underachieving, it should make you wonder. How many times did Seth lose to lesser known TAMCC squads?

And take away the Big East schedule from last season, and RMC's record still sucks. Big East or C-USA... it doesn't really matter. He has not won. Is the Big East tougher than the old C-USA, well yes. But explain to me this... how can Seth win consistently in the ACC now (that's not a patsy conference). Your logic is garbage.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Sheriff,

If anything you're consistant.  I knew as soon as I saw Seth's name, you'd be on here defending him.

BTW, VaTech is 7-3 with losses to Western Michigan, Southern Illinios, and George Washington.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565

You know what... this comment is such bull****. When were Seth's teams ever this altrocious? Seth teams lost to Top 25 teams because the other teams actually prepared for a good caliber squad (they respected the players on Seth's team). When we play a Top 25 team now, we are looked at as a cupcake on their schedule, and call it lack of preparation on the better team's part, RMC sometimes sneaks out a win.

How does Seth have an above .500 record at USF, yet RMC can't even sniff the back side of a dog's ass because .500 is so far away. I want RMC to do well, but when you constantly slander a coach who is four years removed when the other coach is greatly underachieving, it should make you wonder. How many times did Seth lose to lesser known TAMCC squads?

And take away the Big East schedule from last season, and RMC's record still sucks. Big East or C-USA... it doesn't really matter. He has not won. Is the Big East tougher than the old C-USA, well yes. But explain to me this... how can Seth win consistently in the ACC now (that's not a patsy conference). Your logic is garbage.

Sheriff, I know you're going to defend Seth for enternity, so you are certainly entitled to that. He did some good things here and there is no doubt about that. He was a great person for the students and he went out of his was to get them to the games. Obvioulsy Coach McCullum is not cut from the same cloth in regard to that.

Conversely, Seth rubbed many a person the wrong way, especially late in his tenure. When big crowds were in the Dome for the important games we lost pretty much every game after we beat FSU early in his tenure. He like to play the balme game when things weren't going our way. Again, he did some very good thing here, but he had worn out his welcome by the time he packed up and left.

Seth certainly has record advantage over McCullum and there is no disputing that, but please don't kid yourself about some bad losses he had in his first few seasons. St. Francis of NY, Cleveland State, and some of the dregs of C-USA (Houston, Southern Miss, and Tulane) come to mind.

Seth did have a nice first year in the ACC. How did he follow that up with a pretty experienced team last season? 4-12 right? The ACC was also pretty down last season as well.

You can try to spin the Top 25 arguement all you want, but the fact does remain that Seth beat ZERO AP Top 25 teams in 7 years at USF. You can try to discredit McCullum's Top 25 wins all you want, but the fact is that all 3 teams he beat were playing for something, so I would highly doubt that those teams could even think to expect that we would just roll over. Rolling over isn't a characteristic of Coach McCullum's team. I don't think you could say the same for Seth's teams in that regard.

While I do support Coach McCullum I am certainly not going to want to wait around much longer if we don't improve this year to the point where we should be in the Big East tournament. That has to be the minimum starting point for this season. We're 7-3 right now and I am sure most people has us pegged around this record or 8-2 to this point, so it's not like we're far off to this point. The better games are right on the horizon and we will see how well we have progressed.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

say this crap...."[Texas A&M Corpus Christi] is a very experienced team, very physical. That will help us for the Big East [Conference]."

Get a life McCullum.  TAMUCC is a $hit team that wouldn't win a game in the Big East outside of USF.  Do you honestly believe your bull$hit or are you just trying to save face?

rmc's expectations are so low is it is pathetic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i was a seth critic but seth looks like the greatest basketball coach to ever live compared to rmc

it is ad woollard's fault at this point.rmc should have been replaced at end of last year.by the next decade usf  should be average