• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who thinks CRM is still Big East COY Material?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

crm is the hero of green and goggle crowd

what an embarassment!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Jim,

What do you need to be informed about with respect to Coach Mac and his resume?

First, let me say I am not a CRM apologist.  I think he probably needs go after this season.  My problem is the way people here come on after a loss with their "See! See! I told you so." responses - but after a win it's like "So what..."

Can't really have it both ways.

Second, I don't think any reasonable person can blame CRM completely for what has happened in his first three seasons.  There is no one on the planet that could do better, given the circumstances (defections and injuries), that USF could afford to pay.  Sure, Pat Riley could come in and be a great coach, but that just isn't reasonable.

crm needed to go after last season

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

Jim,

What do you need to be informed about with respect to Coach Mac and his resume?

First, let me say I am not a CRM apologist.  I think he probably needs go after this season.  My problem is the way people here come on after a loss with their "See! See! I told you so." responses - but after a win it's like "So what..."

Can't really have it both ways.

Second, I don't think any reasonable person can blame CRM completely for what has happened in his first three seasons.  There is no one on the planet that could do better, given the circumstances (defections and injuries), that USF could afford to pay.  Sure, Pat Riley could come in and be a great coach, but that just isn't reasonable.

The point that gets lost by you apologists is that CRM is in charge of the roster, too, via recruiting and scholarship allocation, per year, and by how he coaches and supervises which is a key component for retention. Thus, when a cann or a howard gets hurt, or someone leaves the program (dennis, sills, frane) we hear, "WOE IS MAC, HE JUST DOESNT HAVE ENOUGH GUYS??!!", when in reality, he under recruited or under allocated certain positions or enough scholarships to each graduation year, or just recruited athletes who could not work within his particular style.  No one can unfortunately take so many longshots in one 2-3 year period and expect to use that as a core strategy for long-term success .  Apologists, your argument just doesn't work....sorry.

Ho Ho Ho

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Nine games and all this crap.  We haven't played anyone of high ranking yet.   We haven't won any big games and haven't lost any big games.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Im not sold on CRM. I think this season will tell a lot. He has a full roster, Im willing to see what he does because he will NOT be fired in mid season.

For all those ready to fire him now, You need to start collecting money for his BUYOUT and for the salary of that name coach you want.

Its easy to rant on this board BUT lets use it in a constructive way. Coming to it after a loss and saying we suck does NOTHING.

So start showing the money to USF athletics and Im sure Woolard would be more receptive to your demands.

till then Go Bulls!!!!! and I will support CRM as long as he is the Bulls coach and will root for the team.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

randy, you give praise and immediately after a loss your right back to bashing the team, every team loses, its part of life, and right now we are 7-2, that does not sound like a loser to me.  i would love for you to walk up to any player on the basketball team and tell them to their faces what you said about them on here.  i doubt you would have the balls to do that.  and you might go to games, but you sit on your fat butt, and don't support, you gold clap, and when a player does bad you bad mouth them.  and florida is a football state, not a basketball state, and more than half of the players on uf's team are from out of state, so there you go.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

randy, you give praise and immediately after a loss your right back to bashing the team, every team loses, its part of life, and right now we are 7-2, that does not sound like a loser to me.  i would love for you to walk up to any player on the basketball team and tell them to their faces what you said about them on here.  i doubt you would have the balls to do that.  and you might go to games, but you sit on your fat butt, and don't support, you gold clap, and when a player does bad you bad mouth them.  and florida is a football state, not a basketball state, and more than half of the players on uf's team are from out of state, so there you go.

WONDERFUL HOW DOES FLORIDA GET THOSE OUT OF STATE PLAYERS TO GO TO UF? We are 7-2 great. So when we have a losing record then is it okay to say fir CRM. Because we will. I do root for them I hope they do well and you all laugh in my face.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

you say fire CRM now even when we have a winning record.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

I KNOW you are NOT comparing UF to USF. Lets see they pack their 12,000 seat arena. They have boosters giving millions of dollars for coaches and facilities and they have an established NATIONAL reputation in both Football and Basketball.

USF doesnt have ANY of the above.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

This reminds me, I found an old GarySJ image and uploaded for use as an avatar...we've been through these stretches before...   ;)

fireeveryone.gif