• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

15,344 show up to watch UF Hoop Scrimmage in Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Especially after the WVU win and when the season ended.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

You and Rutgers are media darlings right now(like UCF was in 2005).  You'll have to prove it all over again next year.

You and Rutgers are media darlings right now(like UCF was in 2005).  You'll have to prove it all over again next year.

We will... this season was not a fluke... cough cough, UCF.

;)

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Then go win the Big East or something.  2007 will tell the media(and us) if 2005 UCF or 2006 UCF was the real fluke.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Remind me again which RANKED team UCF beat last year.

We might not be on par with the Big 3 But wether you guys want to admit it or not, we are closer to them than UCF is.

We are in a BCS conference like the other three, unlike UCF

We have beaten top 10 teams past two years unlike UCF

We are headed for back to back Bowls unlike UCF

We have beaten you guys BOTH times we played.

So by all accounts I would say we are #4 and closing on the Big 3 and pulling away from the rest

Then go win the Big East or something.  2007 will tell the media(and us) if 2005 UCF or 2006 UCF was the real fluke.

So wait... let me make sure I get this right.

We have to win the BE next year to show everyone that this was not a fluke?  That's realistic.   ::)  How about we show progress first and be more realistic.  UCF went south, not north this year.  Look at our record the last 3 seasons and look at the teams we beat and competed with.

A lot can happen in 2 years... what happens from one year to the other can be measured more accurately, IMO, than what happens in 2 years (comparing 2005 and 2007 and disregarding 2006).  So if UCF finishes 7-5 next year, does that mean that the 2006 UCF season was a fluke, to you?

USF's next game is huge.  IF we win on Saturday, this will show a lot of people that the WVU win was not a fluke.  Standing at 9-4 with a BE schedule and a victory over WVU in Morgantown is VERY promising to the "outsiders"… especially when we FINISH the season with votes.  Has UCF done that before?

UCF was on "top of the world" last year.  You guys went south and now it's like... “UCF who†all over again.  Ok maybe not, people still know O'Leary and his resume thing.  You guys had a chance to show your stuff this year.  IMO, in 2005 people looked over UCF (can't blame them for a 0-11 2004 season).  UCF goes to the CG with a young team... and now with more experience UCF can't make it back to the CG?  People took UCF serious and showed up to play this season.

IMO, 2005 was a fluke; I guess we'll have to wait for next year (according to your statement).

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Remind me again which RANKED team UCF beat last year.

We might not be on par with the Big 3 But wether you guys want to admit it or not, we are closer to them than UCF is.

We are in a BCS conference like the other three, unlike UCF

We have beaten top 10 teams past two years unlike UCF

We are headed for back to back Bowls unlike UCF

We have beaten you guys BOTH times we played.

So by all accounts I would say we are #4 and closing on the Big 3 and pulling away from the rest

pretty factual

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

So wait... let me make sure I get this right.

We have to win the BE next year to show everyone that this was not a fluke?  That's realistic.   ::)  How about we show progress first and be more realistic.  UCF went south, not north this year.  Look at our record the last 3 seasons and look at the teams we beat and competed with.

A lot can happen in 2 years... what happens from one year to the other can be measured more accurately, IMO, than what happens in 2 years (comparing 2005 and 2007 and disregarding 2006).  So if UCF finishes 7-5 next year, does that mean that the 2006 UCF season was a fluke, to you?

USF's next game is huge.  IF we win on Saturday, this will show a lot of people that the WVU win was not a fluke.  Standing at 9-4 with a BE schedule and a victory over WVU in Morgantown is VERY promising to the "outsiders"… especially when we FINISH the season with votes.  Has UCF done that before?

UCF was on "top of the world" last year.  You guys went south and now it's like... “UCF who†all over again.  Ok maybe not, people still know O'Leary and his resume thing.  You guys had a chance to show your stuff this year.  IMO, in 2005 people looked over UCF (can't blame them for a 0-11 2004 season).  UCF goes to the CG with a young team... and now with more experience UCF can't make it back to the CG?  People took UCF serious and showed up to play this season.

IMO, 2005 was a fluke; I guess we'll have to wait for next year (according to your statement).

you certainly have alot of patience

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

he said win the big east or something...

basically, we must improve from this year.  Next Season, we cannot lose to teams that we should beat.  Auburn, Louisville, WVU, and Rutgers are the games that will define our season.  Every other game we MUST win.  My upset watch for this year is PITT, imo they have the best shot at getting an upset on us.  (just like i knew cincy had the best shot to upset us this year).  We should be an improved team next year, and hopefully we will not slip on any of those games.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

and we will!