• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

Only a Bucs fan would root for a Divison Rival.

Would a Raiders fan ever root for KC? Unless it helped the Raiders. Would a Bears fan root for the Packers. A Giants Fan root 4 the Eagles?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yeah rooting for another team isn't something a fan should do unless...

1. The other team winning will benefist your team

2. You have money on that team

3. you have some sort of other betting interest on that team such as getting a stupid haircut, buying beer/food, making someone look like a fool etc

Just my humble opinion  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

3. you have some sort of other betting interest on that team such as getting a stupid haircut, buying beer/food, making someone look like a fool etc

Just my humble opinion

If you're not rooting for another team over your team, what really does it matter as long as that team winning doesn't do any harm to your own team? If you're not a bettor, you just stop watching the NFL once your team is out of it? I need to have some emotional stake to actually sit down and watch a game and that means rooting for one of the two teams playing. That's just me...

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just my humble opinion

If you're not rooting for another team over your team, what really does it matter as long as that team winning doesn't do any harm to your own team? If you're not a bettor, you just stop watching the NFL once your team is out of it? I need to have some emotional stake to actually sit down and watch a game and that means rooting for one of the two teams playing. That's just me...

I dont need emotional attachment as i love the sport.  I can watch any two teams play and not have to root for one or the other and still just enjoy that im watching football.  I feel that my rooting interest should be saved for my team while other teams get my respect but not me cheering for thema unless its a matter of money. pride/a bet for something not monitary, or them benefitting my team.    Different strokes for different folks i guess. Cheers.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

Thats how I am...They only time I pull for a team is when watching the bucs, or if the team playing will help the bucs with a win, money, beer, ect....But i love watching football...so i can always do that.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

I dono I just find it odd to root for a Rival.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

I dono I just find it odd to root for a Rival.

I guess I don't really see NO as that big of a Rival, yet. They've been no real competition up to this year. It's not like the others you mentioned up there that have been in the same division for decades and have a hatred built up.....although, having said that, I could NEVER root for Carolina or Atlanta. Saints keep up the level of play they've had this year and I'm sure the hatred will be there.