• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What concerns me about future Bowl games.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I think we're discussing the difference between "fan" and ''die hard fan", or "rabid fan", or something other than someone that roots for the home team when it's convenient. I'm sure that there are way more "fans" than any of us realize.

I think there are 6,000 - 8,000 "die hard fans". Happy to go to whatever bowl game we get, be supportive and have a good time.

GO BULLS!

How can the number be 6-8 K when last year we had 5K and this year looks about the same?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Let's think optimistically and say we potentially take 10,000 to the Gator Bowl.........and be outnumbered by DOUBLE and STILL have negative comments made about our travel numbers. Then what?

It's almost as if, for the travel reputation of the program, we almost need to not win the Big East until Grothe is a senior. It would give more fans the opportunity to jump on the bandwagon. (How stupid does that sound?)

Oh, and smazza is totally right about the Big East tie-ins. They're awful.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

yea i think it has to do more with 2 days before christmas and our program is not big enough where USF football is a family tradition.

you take any big program and put their bowl game on this date they will see a hit of about 10-15 in attendence vs what it would be if it was after christmas.

however, we will actually have more people at this game then last year in charlotte.  so what does that tell you???  we are growing.  it kills me that people actually think you can roll out of bed and get 15,000-20,000 to a bowl game.  it takes time to build that tradition.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I dunno if we're going to have as many as last year, but we will have a decent showing

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53

Oh, and smazza is totally right about the Big East tie-ins. They're awful.

Well the Big East will not get any better bowls with such poor showings from teams like USF. Blame yourself.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

...  it kills me that people actually think you can roll out of bed and get 15,000-20,000 to a bowl game.  

I haven't seen anyone think of this high of a number.  :o

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

...  it kills me that people actually think you can roll out of bed and get 15,000-20,000 to a bowl game.  

CJL talked about bringing as many as 20,000...this year and last.

yea i think it has to do more with 2 days before christmas and our program is not big enough where USF football is a family tradition.

you take any big program and put their bowl game on this date they will see a hit of about 10-15 in attendence vs what it would be if it was after christmas.  

"Other pre-Christmas bowls have encountered varying results during their inaugural years.

San Diego's Poinsettia Bowl debuted in 2005 with a reported attendance of 36,842 for Navy-Colorado State. On the other hand, the 15-year-old Las Vegas Bowl struggled with some crowds as low as 10,000 until recently improving. "

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/116626451322930.xml&coll=2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Really ? I've never seen where he's said that.  :o

Really ? I've never seen where he's said that.  :o

I'm sure that living in Brazil you see and hear everything that Leavitt says or does says ;)