• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Power of Message Boards

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

I guess you never know who's reading, and this proves it.  Apparently the new Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, who was President of Texas A & M before taking his new post, was not only an avid reader of Aggie message board texags.com, he was also an anonymous participant.  He revealed himself a couple days ago, and it was confirmed by board operators.  

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/college-football/new-defense-secretary-a-closet-online-football-chatterer-220414.php

Just remember this works both ways, as when you say something insanely stupid, anyone in authority will know not to ever listen to you again, and you'll lose all credibility.  This is the point where I really want to name names... but I need to go get some ice for my tongue, as I think I just bit a hole through it.   ;)

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

I guess you never know who's reading, and this proves it.  Apparently the new Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, who was President of Texas A & M before taking his new post, was not only an avid reader of Aggie message board texags.com, he was also an anonymous participant.  He revealed himself a couple days ago, and it was confirmed by board operators.  

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/college-football/new-defense-secretary-a-closet-online-football-chatterer-220414.php

Just remember this works both ways, as when you say something insanely stupid, anyone in authority will know not to ever listen to you again, and you'll lose all credibility.  This is the point where I really want to name names... but I need to go get some ice for my tongue, as I think I just bit a hole through it.   ;)

Funny Robert Gates story. One of the faculty I work with was previously at A&M. The faculty senate was having a hard time with the budget when someone said "this is difficult", Gates was new at the time, having previously worked at his CIA post. Gates responded "This isnt hard, overthrowing a third world country, now that's hard!"

I thought it was a pretty good line.

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

Funny Robert Gates story. One of the faculty I work with was previously at A&M. The faculty senate was having a hard time with the budget when someone said "this is difficult", Gates was new at the time, having previously worked at his CIA post. Gates responded "This isnt hard, overthrowing a third world country, now that's hard!"

I thought it was a pretty good line.

That's a great line! I almost spit my coke on the screen!  ;D

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

this is just case in point that you never know who is looking at The BullsPen.  Your insight just may be seen by the higher-up officials at USF.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Man, Bull2SaintLeo, every time I look at your avatar, I remember how good the helmets looked with the green logo and facemask!

(and for anyone who might be reading this who has the authority to do something about it, please bring back the green.....it's our primary color!)

Thanks.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

Man, Bull2SaintLeo, every time I look at your avatar, I remember how good the helmets looked with the green logo and facemask!

(and for anyone who might be reading this who has the authority to do something about it, please bring back the green.....it's our primary color!)

Thanks.

Why do you think I use it instead of the current one....lol

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I remember talking to a former player at the bowl game last year and we started talking about thebullspen, and he assured me that people "in the know" know about this site and that "id be suprised" at how many check this site religiously.