• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU has sold a lil less than 4,000 tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Bad Weekend just before Christmas

I think that is the primary reason why ECU and USF will not reach the numbers hoped for by their fans rather than who the opponents are.

I know it is for me.

GO BULLS.

For fans that can't make it to Birmingham for whatever reason, at least by a ticket or two and donate it to a student or a Bham charity.  Not being able to make it to the game is no reason for either USF or ECU not to reach their numbers.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

the one time we witnessed ECU traveling to Raymond James, the results were lukewarm at best. Granted this was in 2004 and they were in the end/middle of some pretty lousy years. But the point is they shouldn't be casting doubts on USf and how traveled up to their stadium. We had more people than this.

1009226an3.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

1009225ch2.jpg

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  292
  • Days Won:  0

I thought regardless of actual Bulls fans buying tickets, I thought the school had to sell at least 10K...meaning that they would buy the additional tickets if not purchased through alumni, fans, etc.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The charity is a good idea, but most smaller bowl games give out hundreds of tickets to local charity (I believe for tax reasons). So I'm sure many of the local BHam charities got their share already.

I dunno how many more student tix are really in demand, if there were still some left at 3pm? (is that true) I wouldn't think the demand is so high. The best thing to do at this point is make sure other season ticket holders are going (if it is feasible for them). If you really feel like spending the $30 on a ticket for a student have at it, but they had their chances to get free tix.

As for the bowl itself. To me, and this is just a guess, this bowl was created for one reason. To get UAB in a bowl game, much like the Hawaii, the MPC Computers, and the New Mexico Bowl these games have the intention of selecting the local team 1st. If they get UAB in their game the next few years, they will be fine. It's the International Bowl I severly doubt will have the legs to survive.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

I'm not trying to defend ECU (I really don't care one way or another what they say on the internet) but that picture may not tell the whole story....many visiting fan buy tickets from Ticketmaster because they can get better seats (seats that are not sold to USF fans) than they get buying them from the visiting teams allotment.  I hate seeing so many fans dressed in visiting colors sitting in the good seats, but until USF sells more to locals it's going to be a fact of life. :(

I'm not trying to defend ECU (I really don't care one way or another what they say on the internet) but that picture may not tell the whole story....many visiting fan buy tickets from Ticketmaster because they can get better seats (seats that are not sold to USF fans) than they get buying them from the visiting teams allotment.  I hate seeing so many fans dressed in visiting colors sitting in the good seats, but until USF sells more to locals it's going to be a fact of life. :(

Actually, that's not accurate.  USF does not sell single game tickets between the 20 yard lines -- otherwise why would USF fans have to make a donation if they could buy the good seats on a game by game basis??

USF does sell group tickets there -- so it's possible that what you're seeing is some groups that purchased tickets.  I also think these tickets do not include club access.  You might also be seeing fans who "move" into better seats because the seats are not occupied.

But I agree, there needs to be more locals sitting in those good seats.

Jim...When WV was in town last year there were lots of Mountaineer fans sitting between the 20's...where did they find those seats....did they open the upper deck before those seats were sold?....not many empty seats to move to in the lower bowl unless they moved from the upper deck before the game started.  

Curious George

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Jim...When WV was in town last year there were lots of Mountaineer fans sitting between the 20's...where did they find those seats....did they open the upper deck before those seats were sold?....not many empty seats to move to in the lower bowl unless they moved from the upper deck before the game started.  

Curious George

I would think like Jim mentioned, there are seats available between the 20's for groups. I used to buy season tickets every season but did not like the fact that I usually would be with a group of 20 or more and we could never all sit together. Thus, now I just buy group tickets. Usually we sit somewhere around the 30 yard line 15-30 rows up. Good seats. I would imagine if a UWV fan had the forsight to call the ticket office well in advance he could get GOOD seats for the visiting teams fans. However, I doubt this is the norm.

Thanks... but I'm not referring to groups of 20 or more sitting together...I've seen a few sitting together...scattered about in almost every section, including club seats and just about every if not all donation level(s)...so unless they  sell to groups much smaller than 20...they must be getting the seats another way.

I didn't see this at Cardinal Stadium last month.