• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU has sold a lil less than 4,000 tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

Every team can make the claim that they travel well when they play us. The biggest reason they travel well is that the Tampa Bay area is a vacation location. We are the road trip of choice to many schools we play. I know Louisville uses the trip here as a fundraising, golf tournament trip.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

it's called scalping a ticket-- people sell their unused tickets before going in. Sometimes those are in good locations. So what?

We only have about 16,000 season tickets...so I seriously doubt that accounts for the very many of the large number of seats occupied by visiting fans.

not to mention that Tampa Bau has a lot of transplants

Very true and luckily for us they come to the games, however that doesn't explain how they get those good seats.

There are also a lot of players from Florida playing on the visiting teams...that  puts family and friends who live in Florida in the seats too.

Ponton's family and friends from Nashville really boosted the number of USF people in the stands at Papa John's for the UL game...too bad they weren't in green.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Very true and luckily for us they come to the games, however that doesn't explain how they get those good seats.

There are also a lot of players from Florida playing on the visiting teams...that  puts family and friends who live in Florida in the seats too.

Ponton's family and friends from Nashville really boosted the number of USF people in the stands at Papa John's for the UL game...too bad they weren't in green.

If it wasnt for Pontons family, particularly the one cousin/brother, I probably would have fallen asleep from the score/cold. Green or not they had USF signs up, and were vocal on first downs.

Cold! Hell,  thought it was mild....I  had to take my jacket off till halftime...lucky the weather wasn't like it was Sunday...cold and rainy...Thanksgiving day it was about 70 degrees.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Cold! Hell,  thought it was mild....I  had to take my jacket off till halftime...lucky the weather wasn't like it was Sunday...cold and rainy...Thanksgiving day it was about 70 degrees.

I'm sure not everybody has as much... um, insulation... as you do.   ;D

see the post about people who sell their extras-- it's not all that hard to figure out

Excuse me, but if there are only about 16,000 seasons tickets sold you cannot sell enough extras to account for the lower bowl being almost filled.

FAMU, UCF, WV, UL...more of the better seats occupied then there are seasons tickets for...at least that's the way I saw it.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

[highlight]If it wasnt for Pontons family, particularly the one cousin/brother, I probably would have fallen asleep from the score/cold. Green or not they had USF signs up, and were vocal on first downs. [/highlight]

Same here.

I'm sure not everybody has as much... um, insulation... as you do.   ;D

And, just how much "um, insulation" can I be packing in my size 34-30 jeans?  Mr "I'm sure"

Were you at Papa John's that night?