• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Line for Student Tickets!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Bump...  If they turn away any students that is sad.. I imagine that if they give away 500, maybe 1/2 of those then buy companion tickets.. So that is at least 750... If they can make 500 more available and do it again we could be looking at 1500-2000 students at the game!   That would be great... I know we did not have that many last year at NC...  I think they need to advertise and do newspaper articles about ticket donations for usf students in Times and Trib. 1,000 free tickets to students = $30,000  a good investment for future bowls!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news from the front line?

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  0

From the front (#1-9).  Got there at 8pm last night, and other groups kept trickling in with tents, cots, sleeping bags, etc. ALL NIGHT.  There were about 50 of us that camped in several different groups...very loud, USF chants all night...freezing cold and impossible to catch even 10 minutes of sleep.  **** Gator fan showed up...that didn't sit too well with anyone either.  Overall an incredible experience...great to be a part of establishing a tradition like this.

The line started to grow rapidly around 6:30am, but when I left at 9:15 I had a friend near the back and she was only #280 (with probably 50 people behind her).  

Overall, I think all 500 free tickets are gonna go (and a lot of people were buying companion tickets as well)...but I thought the demand this morning would be even bigger than it was...

See ya'll in Birmingham!!

Rob

Rob- outstanding effort on your part... It is students like you that will move the program forward...  I hope the students turnout for those tickets... Did you or others around you purchase companion tickets?  If so what do you think the average was? Again great job, and hopefully the rest will go!   I will see you in BAMA!

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  307

I did purchase one companion, and two others in our group purchased atleast one companion.  After that we were packing up the tent and grill and trying to get to class (writing this in class...and still smell like raw burgers and bacon grease).  But I kept glancing around before I left and there were always people in the companion line...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  4

I got there at 6:30, as well as over half of the students there, and while I was leaving my friend was about 30 from the back of the line and he was number 323!

Good start, considering I left there at about 9:20.

Glad to see all the students out there since I was one of the few (compared to the looks of this year, already) at our bowl game last year.  -Brian

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

**** Gator fan showed up...

Has his next of kin been notified?

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Great job guys!  Way to represent!  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III