• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's Official: Florida vs Ohio State

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

I'm looking forward to the Louisville/Wake Forest matchup.

Louisville will roll. Wake-Rutgers would've been a lot more interesting.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

They did the correct thing.  MI had their shot.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Based on that argument, what about Louisville.  They won their conference as well.  It's about putting the two best teams in the national championship game, not the two best conference champions.  I think you can argue for both Florida and Michigan and you can argue against both as well.

As I said in another thread, I hope both OSU and Florida lose. :D

Florida would get the nod because of a better strength of schedule over Louisville. Louisville had a great year no doubt, but they didn't play as difficult a schedule.

My only point is that I feel you have to win your conference in order to play for the National Championship in College Football. Since the BCS began teams such as Nebraska and Oklahoma make it to the BCS Title game when they shouldn't have. Michigan already had their shot at Ohio State and lost.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Who gives a ****.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

Michigan already had their shot against Ohio State and lost. Why should they be given another chance? Ohio State would have to beat them twice to be National Champions and Michigan would onlt have to beat them once. Very unfair toward Ohio State.

Flash back to 1996:

Florida already had their shot against Florida State and lost. Why should they be given another chance? Florida State would have to beat them twice to be National Champions and Florida would only have to beat them once. Very unfair toward Florida State.

It would have been great if Florida had been screwed by a similar scenario that GAVE them the title that year.

Michigan already had their shot against Ohio State and lost. Why should they be given another chance? Ohio State would have to beat them twice to be National Champions and Michigan would onlt have to beat them once. Very unfair toward Ohio State.

Flash back to 1996:

Florida already had their shot against Florida State and lost. Why should they be given another chance? Florida State would have to beat them twice to be National Champions and Florida would only have to beat them once. Very unfair toward Florida State.

It would have been great if Florida had been screwed by a similar scenario that GAVE them the title that year.

Except there is a problem with your thought process.

Florida State was #1 and Florida was #3 when they faced each other.  1996 was the second year of the "Bowl Alliance" -- which did not include the Rose Bowl.  So, #2 Arizona State went to the Rose Bowl.

Otherwise, Florida would have been left out because of their loss in Tallahassee.

Guest Sprtsfn627

Florida's second half of the season:

Auburn L 17-27

Georgia W 21-14

Vanderbilt W 25-19

South Carolina W 17-16

Western Carolina W 62-0

Florida State W 21-14

Arkansas W 38-28

I fail to see how a team like that will stand a chance against this Ohio State team.  It should be the second best team in the title game, and I would have to say that Florida is not that team.  Michigan looked bad in one game (Ball State), Florida has looked bad for the second half of the season (only decent win Arkansas).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

They earned it as much as anyone else ... it's a flawed system.

Hope the Buckeyes tear 'em a new one  8-)