• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another Rumor:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

From what I hear, the reason Florida schedules so many home games is because if they do not have 6 or 7 home games a year, they will be in the red for the year in football. I have my doubts about this.

As for the USF-Florida series, Florida has pushed this series off several times if I am not mistaken, and there is even word that they might push it back even further. If I'm not mistaken, the first game should have been played either this season or next. The fact is that Florida scheduled us as a Independent/C-USA team that they could use as fodder at the start of the season. Now they have a serious problem on their hand, a BCS team capable of beating them. At this point, I think the current contract stays put, including game dates. If Florida wants to change anything, they have to be willing to give something in return, perhaps turning the contract into a 2-1, or being open to play a 1-1 within 5 years of the other series completion. This is not the same USF team they bargained for, so they need to be willing to pay that price.

FSU is flat out pansies for not playing us.

UF keeps postponing the inevitable.

UM is on the clock.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

The contract was originally for 2008 & 2009.

It was changed last year or the year before to 2010 & 2011.

The buyout is only $50,000 for USF I BULLieve, not sure if UF wants to drop it.

I honestly see the game being played in 2010 and then we negotiate for a return game ... they won't want it (after we beat them  8-) ) and we just drop the 2011 game.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

UF has to have 6 home games to meet athletic department budgets. The same goes for FSU (not sure about Miami because they are a priavte school, thus no public reports)

I doubt UF will come here for some time, if they did they would want heavy consessions because they would bring a lot of fans to RJS.

They have deals with Miami and NC State (apparently) plus FSU every year, I wouldn't say that's scheduling too bad. No different of a philosphy than the next guy.

USC is ballsy, I couldn't believe they put that schedule together this year. Worked out well for them, they aren't doing it again however, as next year they get open with Idaho. Hands down the best RUN program in the country. If they keep Pete Carrol there they might become the BEST dynasty college football has ever seen.

With us going to Auburn next year, I'd hate to play 2 road games in the SEC next year. Plus we have to go to FAU (or is it FIU) next year. Not worth it.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

It's at FAU next year. I think the owls play at Lockhart Stadium in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm already planning on trips to both Auburn and FAU next year.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

just say no to the gay-tors :P

we should buy out of the games if they don't do a 2-1 NOW!

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

It's at FAU next year. I think the owls play at Lockhart Stadium in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm already planning on trips to both Auburn and FAU next year.

FAU plays at the Dolphins Stadium...whatever it is called these days.

Lockhart has been, or is being, torn down.

FAU plays at the Dolphins Stadium...whatever it is called these days.

Lockhart has been, or is being, torn down.

Lockhart-Seating600.gif

Funny. Looks like FAU plays at Lockhart.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

UF has to have 6 home games to meet athletic department budgets. The same goes for FSU (not sure about Miami because they are a priavte school, thus no public reports)

That is the briggest crock of an excuse. They have more than enough money flowing through their respective athletic departments to be able to go on the road for more OOC games.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I'm not sure what more you want UF to do, guys.  They played the toughest schedule in the nation and that was with a down yaer from FSU, who btw plays at home every other year against them.

Boise State is the team that needs to schedule harder opponents.  They are undefeated.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,415
  • Days Won:  43

UCF, USM, and Western Carolina for OOC games are not tough. All home games mind you. Through in some bad SEC teams like UK (UL destroyed them) and Vanderbilt. UGA and FSU were down, so I dont call that the toughest schedule. If they do get left out of the NC then they need only to blame themselves for scheduling that extra home game (Western Carolina) just for the money. That game really may come back to bite them in the azz!!!!