• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So who should we root for

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't really matter.  Personally, I'd pull for WVU to beat RU (makes our win more impressive)... and for Louisville to beat U Conn...

But there really aren't any games that will affect USF, given the way LSU has been pushing for the Rose bowl....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Yeah, I think LSU is going to the Rose Bowl.  So, if RU beats WVU I don't think UL will go to a BCS bowl.  So, I'm cheering for WVU to make our win look better and keep UL in the BCS.  I'm still skeptic on weather RU is the real deal.  After they got blown out by Cincy (worse than we did) I just don't believe.  I think we've got a better team.

In the slight chance that the texas bowl is still available, who needs to win saturday to make that a possibility?

There are two ways USF can get an invite to the Texas Bowl.

1) Rutgers and Louisville both win and both go the the BCS.

2) Rutgers and Louisville both win and the Texas Bowl selects USF over WVU.

Neither of which are likely to happen.  In fact, I would say you have a better chance of winning the lottery.

(NOTE: If WVU wins, the Texas Bowl can not select a 10-win team - RU or WVU - over an 8-win team - USF.  Thus, Louisville goes to the BCS, the Gator/Sun and Texas Bowls select from WVU and RU.  USF goes to Birmingham.)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Our SOS will be pretty much set no matter who wins and loses this weekend.

We'll end with an average computer SOS at 74.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

Bulls fans should root for WVU and UCONN.  If they both win, there would be a three-way tie for the BigEast championship, giving the auto BCS birth to the highest-ranked team.  Which would be WVU.  Then the Bulls could say they beat a BCS bowl team. :-/

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We need to root for these teams to win in order to have a chance for Texas:

Louisville

Rutgers

Florida

USC

Even if they all won it woudl be tough for the BCS to pick Louisville as an at large over LSU.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I'm rooting for WVU, because I still think Slaton and White are awesome, even though we shut them down.  I'd like to see them in Gator Bowl.

Rooting for UL, because I think UL has a much better shot of winning BCS bowl game than RU.  Take nothing against RU, they had a great year.  I just believe that if they played 10 times, UL would beat RU at least 8 times.  I just think UL will probably represent the BE very well.  I think they not only win, they have a chance to blow someone out, which is good for BE.